News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Random 60 MPH Zones on I-15 from LA to Vegas?

Started by blawp, July 15, 2012, 08:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blawp

After making the I-15 drive from LA to Vegas on Friday and today, I noticed there are two or three 60 MPH zones posted for about 15-20 miles per each zone. It doesn't appear the road gets any more dangerous or uncharacteristic of an interstate. Does anyone know why the speed limit is so low for these sections?

Kniwt

As of my last pass through there a few weeks ago, there were several bridge resurfacing projects (just the short-term kind where they slap that new thin layer on top) that appeared to be in various stages of completion, although I saw no lane closures.

But yes, those 60 mph zones went on forever and ever, even when the bridges were several miles apart. Anyone who tried to even remotely observe the limit was quickly informed by other motorists of the error of their ways.

apjung

I just went thru that stretch myself and was wondering the exact same thing. I guess it's probably a revenue generator for those who accidentally go over the speed limit. I was so tempted to just ignore it and follow the traffic flow.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.