News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 99 in Lake Shasta in 2008

Started by sdmichael, March 15, 2013, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmichael

I am going through some of my old photos and I recently posted a few from an October 2008 trip up to Lake Shasta to see the emerging sections of old US 99.

http://cxmichael.blogspot.com/2013/03/us-99-in-lake-shasta-october-2008.html

kkt

Quote from: sdmichael on March 15, 2013, 07:10:05 PM
I am going through some of my old photos and I recently posted a few from an October 2008 trip up to Lake Shasta to see the emerging sections of old US 99.

http://cxmichael.blogspot.com/2013/03/us-99-in-lake-shasta-october-2008.html

Cool!  Thanks for posting.

hm insulators

Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Thanks for posting this! I find it very interesting how US 99 always seems to end up underwater in some way or another.

triplemultiplex

It's so interesting that they didn't demolish any of those old bridges before filling the lake.  Very cool.  I figured they must make good structure for fishing and sure enough, there's a dude fishing by that half-submerged truss bridge. 8)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

sdmichael

I waited a bit for those people to move before I swam over to the bridge and tunnel. I ended up swimming over to the ridge beyond to see if anything else was visible. Nothing was.

OCGuy81

That is so cool, thanks for posting!

I read that there is a proposal to raise the dam at Shasta another 16 feet to yield a few million more cubic feet of water.  Wonder if the current bridge for the 5 will suffer the same fate, as that would have to be rebuilt.

kkt

Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 30, 2013, 01:04:11 AM
That is so cool, thanks for posting!

I read that there is a proposal to raise the dam at Shasta another 16 feet to yield a few million more cubic feet of water.  Wonder if the current bridge for the 5 will suffer the same fate, as that would have to be rebuilt.

Maybe they could build it with interstate standard sightlines and shoulders this time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.