News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Adopt-A-Highway cleanup - Route 5 in Kern County

Started by sdmichael, March 23, 2013, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmichael

Hello all,

I adopted a section of I-5 in Grapevine Canyon in Kern County. My section has Deadman's Curve and a few other segments of the old Ridge Route visible and accessible. In late April or early May, I'm putting together a cleanup crew to go out there. If anyone is interested, please let me know. It would be a good chance to meet and help clean up. There usually isn't too much trash but at a couple locations. The more people, the faster it gets done.

Specifically - 06-KER-005-6.0/8.0 - both directions.

sdmichael

The cleanup was quite a success. We, three of us, managed to pick up 12 bags worth of trash and debris from I-5 in Grapevine Canyon. We also cleaned rocks off of Dead Man's Curve on the old Ridge Route. I intend to schedule another cleanup in September. Come join us!

ARMOURERERIC

If I can get my cars fixed, I will try to join you.  I can do jousting school in Frazier Park and stay at the half star jewel of the grapevine;  The Gorman Econolodge

sdmichael

The more the better. Those that join can also tour Dead Man's Curve, a section of old US 99 in Grapevine Canyon that is only accessible from the freeway and happens to be at PM 6.0, where my adopted section ends.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.