News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Toll lane transponder fee suspended for L.A. County residents

Started by cpzilliacus, April 26, 2013, 07:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

AsphaltPlanet

Looking at the first picture on that page, I notice that the striping separating the carpool lanes from the general purpose lanes has been changed from yellow to white.  I know this is nerdy, but I always kind of liked the yellow striping between the carpool and GPL lanes.  Shame to see it go.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

jrouse

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on April 26, 2013, 08:20:28 PM
Looking at the first picture on that page, I notice that the striping separating the carpool lanes from the general purpose lanes has been changed from yellow to white.  I know this is nerdy, but I always kind of liked the yellow striping between the carpool and GPL lanes.  Shame to see it go.

Caltrans had been asked by FHWA several times to start using the double white stripes.  The California Vehicle Code prohibited its use, which is why double yellow stripes were used with a parallel white stripe.  As part of the adoption of the 2009 MUTCD, Caltrans was able to push through a change to the Vehicle Code and double white stripes can now be used.

sdmichael

I was happy to see that motorcycles will be allowed in without transponders. This is a recent change as initially everyone had to have them. Not everyone has a tank bag and putting a transponder on a bike isn't easy.

cpzilliacus

KNX Radio: LA Agencies, Officials Get A Free Ride Through Toll Lanes On 10, 110 Freeways

QuoteCity, county and federal agencies, along with some elected officials, are getting a free ride through new toll lanes on the 10 and 110 freeways in Los Angeles, according to CBS2 investigative reporter David Goldstein.

QuoteThe database from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority showed the thousands of times government vehicles didn't have a FasTrak transponder and didn't pay the toll fees.

QuoteGoldstein specifically uncovered 3,948 overdue toll violations on the freeways, which added up to nearly $50,000 in tolls and fines in just the first few months the FasTrak lanes have been in operation.

QuoteThe only vehicles exempt from paying tolls are emergency vehicles going to and from an actual emergency, along with the California Highway Patrol, buses and Caltrans.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.