News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

April 2010 Earthquake in Baja California

Started by sdmichael, June 11, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmichael

I posted some photos I took of Calexico and nearby bridges following the M7.2 Baja California earthquake on my travel blog:

http://cxmichael.blogspot.com/2013/06/april-2010-baja-earthquake.html

ARMOURERERIC

If you ever make a trip like that again, stop by, I am right at the Boulevard/Campo exit of 8.  I remember that day well, first out smallest goat had 3 male kids.  I was in the armour shop which is a big boxy 25x40x12 and all my little rivets, washers, and bolts started "dancing" on the floor like little jumping beans.  at one point they would all go like 3/4" off the floor, it was fraky to watch.  One thing you missed on the trip was the damage to old main street in ElCentro proper.  Many Buildings were still red tagged as of Chhristmas.

sdmichael

I didn't head up to El Centro as hadn't quite thought of it. I wanted to see if the old customs house on US 99 was damaged and see if any of the highway was cracked. Next time I head out that way I'll let you know. I go out there on my motorcycle sometimes.

Desert Man

The earthquake was 3 years ago, I remember to occured on Easter Sunday and was strongly felt across southern California. Me and my family here in Palm Desert 100s of miles away felt the M7.2 to "rolled" the ground back and forth, the amount of damage was hardly present from the unusual rolling motion of that earthquake. Luckily, I'm prepared for the "big one" with a disaster prepardness kit in my home for us to get by 3-4 days before FEMA is expected to arrive.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.