News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Arkansas trademarks Woo Pig Sooie

Started by robbones, July 18, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbones

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ET21

Great..... that'll be annoying to hear during NIU vs. Arkansas. I'll be happy when Alabama or the other SEC powerhouses just destroy Arkansas and shut that chant up lol
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Arkansastravelguy

Quote from: ET21 on July 19, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Great..... that'll be annoying to hear during NIU vs. Arkansas. I'll be happy when Alabama or the other SEC powerhouses just destroy Arkansas and shut that chant up lol
They get destroyed every year and they still say it.

iPhone

Billy F 1988

Three words: BIG. SKY. CONFERENCE! That is all. :D
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

bugo

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 21, 2014, 08:04:16 PM
Three words: BIG. SKY. CONFERENCE! That is all. :D

Put the best team in that itty bitty conference against a mediocre SEC or Big 12 schedule and see how far they get.  It's easy to beat up against terrible teams, but they couldn't handle the weekly grind of the SEC.

Billy F 1988

*Oh, brother.* That was meant for sarcasm in case you just begun to notice.

Then again, not a single BSC team (be it Montana, E. Washington, etc.) would match up against even a mediocre SEC team, even if a BSC team did beat an SEC team. I mean, App State slaughtered Michigan being the first D1 school to do so, but App State under the SEC's shadows would get clobbered.

And yes, Woo Pig Sooie is obnoxious as hell, but I'm glad I'm not an Arkansas fan.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Arkansastravelguy

I'm not sure what Woo Pig Sooie even means... Is it the sound Arkansas fans make when their team gets repeatedly clobbered?

iPhone

bugo

Quote from: Arkansastravelguy on July 21, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
I'm not sure what Woo Pig Sooie even means... Is it the sound Arkansas fans make when their team gets repeatedly clobbered?

We won 10 games in 2010 and 11 in 2011.  The last couple of years have been painful.

Arkansastravelguy

Quote from: bugo on July 21, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

We won 10 games in 2010 and 11 in 2011.  The last couple of years have been painful.
I moved to Arkansas in 2013 and painful is right. I pull for Arkansas to win games, it's good for business

iPhone

robbones

If Bilema can turn the team around, Arkansas has a fighting chance to win.

1995hoo

iPhone

It's supposed to be a take on a hog call. Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Clyde "Pea Ridge" Day (from Pea Ridge, Arkansas) used to make an Arkansas-style hog call from the pitcher's mound after striking out an opposing batter. He blew out his arm in the early 1930s and, depressed about it, slit his own throat a few years later.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

US71

iPhone

No, that's Woo Pig Fooey  ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

tchafe1978

Wisconsin Badgers fans are just happy that Bielema gets to make that ridiculous chant nowadays. We relish every loss by Arkansas, because of the way he left Wisconsin. #karma

triplemultiplex

Quote from: tchafe1978 on July 22, 2014, 10:49:23 PM
Wisconsin Badgers fans are just happy that Bielema gets to make that ridiculous chant nowadays. We relish every loss by Arkansas, because of the way he left Wisconsin. #karma

That was such a dick move to leave your team before a bowl game.  Doesn't matter if it's a who-cares bowl, it's still disrespectful.  More so than running up the score on all those teams in the Russell Wilson year.
I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with college football as time goes by.  The wrong people are getting rich off of it.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

ET21

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 25, 2014, 02:55:58 AM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on July 22, 2014, 10:49:23 PM

That was such a dick move to leave your team before a bowl game.  Doesn't matter if it's a who-cares bowl, it's still disrespectful.  More so than running up the score on all those teams in the Russell Wilson year.
I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with college football as time goes by.  The wrong people are getting rich off of it.

Our NIU coaches did that twice (Jerry Kill for Minnesota before the Humanitarian Bowl game, Dave Dorean for NC State before the Orange Bowl game)

Our current one though is now 12-3 over a season and 2 bowl games
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Road Hog

Arkansas may be the 20th-best team in the nation and they won't win an SEC game. Well, they might beat LSU this year in Fayetteville.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.