News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Carl Edwards = loser

Started by rickmastfan67, July 18, 2010, 12:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentsteel53

there's a difference between the competitors being jerks and the officials being jerks.  the pit row trick is the equivalent of a baseball umpire sticking his foot out and tripping someone who's rounding third and heading to home.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Roadgeek Adam

http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/2010/news/headlines/bg/07/21/cedwards.bkeselowski.dustup/

We're not getting much: $25,000 fine on Edwards with 60 points docked and probation until December 31. Jack Roush is also losing 60 points in Owner's Points. Keselowski himself is also getting probation until December 31. What the hell justice is this? I want Edwards parked for Indy and ORP. You intentionally wreck someone twice and you get a still medium punishment? No No No.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

rickmastfan67

Keselowski shouldn't have gotten probation.  Simple as that.  He did NOTHING wrong.

mightyace

Yeah, it's not much.  But, it's more than I expected which was nothing.

Considering this was less serious than the Atlanta incident for which Edwards got just 3 race probation and was in the Nationwide Series and not Sprint Cup, it surprised me that they did anything at all.

For what it's worth, the probation extends across all three top series (Trucks, Nationwide, Sprint Cup).

Of course, IMHO NASCAR probation means even less than the "double secret probation" from Animal House.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: mightyace on July 21, 2010, 10:16:22 PM
Yeah, it's not much.  But, it's more than I expected which was nothing.

Considering this was less serious than the Atlanta incident for which Edwards got just 3 race probation and was in the Nationwide Series and not Sprint Cup, it surprised me that they did anything at all.

For what it's worth, the probation extends across all three top series (Trucks, Nationwide, Sprint Cup).

Of course, IMHO NASCAR probation means even less than the "double secret probation" from Animal House.

There's the problem. After calming down from my last post a bit, I have a feeling NASCAR's going to be mad if these two get together again. Wouldn't surprise me if that happens that Carl gets parked and Keselowski gets the punishment Carl got today. However, as I ranted on my blog, the days of throwing your helmet at someone are over :(
Adam Seth Moss

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: mightyace on July 20, 2010, 05:31:59 PM
Of course, this assumes that the pit road speed is set correctly. (for the green light)  If the pace car is not going the right speed or the car is going a little too slow (no problem) or too fast (big problem) when the pit road speed is set, your lights will be off.  That is the probable reason why Juan Pablo Montoya lost last year's Brickyard 400 due to a speeding penalty.  Juan swore up and down (before swearing otherwise) that his light was green or yellow.  But, if his pit road speed (green light) was set to high, he could be speeding on pit road while only seeing a yellow light.

Juan's got his chance now. He just took the pole. 3 Indy 500 winners in the race (Montoya, Hornish and Jacques Villenvue)
Adam Seth Moss

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.