News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Page Tabs

Started by JJBers, July 02, 2017, 02:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

Can we add some basic arows to progress through pages, because it's real hard to do so on mobile without screwing up.
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

jakeroot

Which mobile browser do you use? I use Chrome, and a large zoomed window pops up whenever I click near a link, which allows me to select with much higher precision. No arrows needed.

I don't think Safari has this feature, which is a shame, because it's very helpful when browsing non-mobile-optimised websites.

froggie

^ It's also not hard to get a browser besides Safari on Apple devices...I typically use Firefox on my iPhone.

JJBers

Quote from: jakeroot on July 02, 2017, 02:24:14 AM
Which mobile browser do you use? I use Chrome, and a large zoomed window pops up whenever I click near a link, which allows me to select with much higher precision. No arrows needed.
I'm using Chrome on Android
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,

jakeroot

Quote from: froggie on July 02, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
^ It's also not hard to get a browser besides Safari on Apple devices...I typically use Firefox on my iPhone.

Of course, yes, but many iPhone users just maintain Safari because it is impossible to set any other browser as default, and given that, using anything other than Safari can be a hassle. The issue, as I see it, is that people's expectation of how mobile browsing "is" or "should be" is based on Safari. Which is a shame, because I've never thought it was that great, lest all of your devices are Apple.

Quote from: JJBers on July 02, 2017, 11:28:24 AM

I'm using Chrome on Android

Hmm. Have you seen or experienced the feature that I'm talking about? It makes it pretty easy to click those page numbers.

froggie

^ That's odd...because I've never had a problem running Firefox on my iPhone.

jakeroot

Quote from: froggie on July 03, 2017, 07:39:30 AM
^ That's odd...because I've never had a problem running Firefox on my iPhone.

I used Chrome on my iPhone, but it was nowhere near as seamless as on my Galaxy S7. Android has default apps, so links and other things automatically open in the app you chose. The iPhone doesn't have this. Opening links in other apps always defaults to Safari. Basically no matter how hard you try, you can't get rid of Safari.

Disclaimer: I haven't used iOS for several years so things may have changed.

Roadgeekteen

I don't think Safari has this feature, which is a shame, because it's very helpful when browsing non-mobile-optimised websites.
Chrome does not have this.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 03, 2017, 08:54:15 PM

Chrome does not have this.
I use Android Chrome, and it has that feature.  What version of Android are you on?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JJBers

Quote from: vdeane on July 03, 2017, 09:26:10 PM
I use Android Chrome, and it has that feature.  What version of Android are you on?
5.1, and yes I do have the zoom feature, but it's still a pain to use
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,

hbelkins

Best way to solve this problem is to wait until you can use a real computer (desktop or laptop) or a tablet to read the forum. I'm not so addicted to it that I have to log in on my phone RIGHT NOW to read it.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.