News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Photographer detained by BP

Started by rickmastfan67, July 05, 2010, 09:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Photographer detained by police, BP employee near refinery

[sarcasm]
I told you Jake not to go down there and annoy them. :P :-D
[/sarcasm]

On the serious side, it's scary.  On a public road non the less the guy was taking photos from....  And the guy had to give up his Social Security number to BP?!?!?! :-o :paranoid:

agentsteel53

what the Hell is the department of homeland security doing there??? don't they have airports to mismanage?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

J N Winkler

William Niskanen said, forty years ago, that bureaucracies operate on the principle of budget maximization.  (As it happens, I don't agree that Niskanen's strictures apply to classic Weberian civil services, but I am afraid it does apply to departments in the executive branch of the federal government which are dedicated to producing essential, but difficult-to-measure, public goods like security.)
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 05, 2010, 10:00:15 PM
what the Hell is the department of homeland security doing there??? don't they have airports to mismanage?

BP bought them.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

Quote from: US71 on July 23, 2010, 06:34:51 PM

BP bought them.

neato.  can they stuff them into a leaking oil well 20,000 feet underwater?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.