News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

vintage cartoons "Freewayphobia" and "Freeway troubles"

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 30, 2010, 08:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

2 vintage Goofy cartoons in 2 parts showing how to drive a freeway

Duke87

Heh. They showed us these in driver's ed. Good stuff.

"Boxcar effect". :-D
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Stephane Dumas

And here more on the table, "Motor Mania" who predicted without knowing it road rage well before "Duel" then I posted on another thread at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2085.0 as well as 2 vintages Popeye cartoons.

yakra

Nice! I remember watching these in Driver's Ed... I specifically remember the timid motorist coming to a dead stop at the end of the onramp and causing a 42-car pileup behind. I've often thought of this video when seeing just that behavior around these parts (STUPID! STUPID!), even searching around for these videos on the net a while back but not finding them.
Thanks for sharing!
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.