News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Icons for interstates, US highways, etc?

Started by jbnv, July 24, 2019, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbnv

What are the best sources for highway icons? Particularly those for specific routes but generic/blanks ones would do.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jbnv

The AARoads Shield Generator would be a good candidate but it appears to be broken. Given that it's fairly easy to generate shields with SVG templates these days, perhaps someone would consider rewriting it?

Speaking of SVGs, would it be uncouth to post SVG code here for everyone's benefit? I'm probably going to end up with a few SVG templates as I poach them and remove numbers as needed.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Bruce

thefraze_1020

This here is my go-to. They just made a major update, it appears.

https://shields-up.net/
Alright, this is how it's gonna be!

jbnv

I ended up writing a shield generator using the SVG templates. I'm not promoting it yet because it's not "ready for prime time."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.