News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Central States / Re: Proposed US 412 Upgrade
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 11:42:27 AM
I'd be okay with the L.L Tisdale Parkway in Tulsa becoming OK 342, once future Interstate 42 is designated through Tulsa. However, I do realize that since the Tisdale Parkway has never had a state highway designation, it is unlikely to have one designated in the future.
Quote from: JREwing78 on June 18, 2024, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on June 16, 2024, 07:44:39 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on June 16, 2024, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on June 16, 2024, 02:19:35 PMI-94 already ends cosigned with I-69 at the Blue Water Bridge, feeding into ON 402.  (fictional-fantasy musing follows) I would sign I-96 up to the Howe Bridge, feeding into ON 401.

Mike
Michigan should have the hidden M-401 designation for their side of the border.
I don't see the point or need in that.
I don't either. I mean, if we're truly going to be pedantic about this, MDOT could create a "Gordie Howe International Bridge" route designation with a secret Bus I-75 designation (in the vein of the former Capitol Loop) for its portion of the bridge.

Or maybe we designate it M-9, because naming it for Gordie How wasn't obvious enough. Put up a bunch of route shields for maybe a mile of roadway, and let's see how many people end up in Canada thinking they were still in Michigan because it's a M-highway!

This is assuming a 4 mile gap between I-75 and Hwy 401 is truly some kind of crisis that must be resolved with an official route designation, and that simply being the Gordie Howe International Bridge is somehow insufficient.

But if we're going to post totally useless route designations on a bridge, at least get the cardinal directions right. It's SOUTH to go into Canada, and NORTH to go into the United States. Anything else is simply incorrect.

"[I-96] (or [whatever]) / TO [ON 401] / (controls such as Windsor/Hamilton/Toronto and Canadian national flag image) "?

Mike
General Highway Talk / Re: Longest east-west stretche...
Last post by discochris - Today at 11:38:43 AM
WIS 13. Starts near Superior and hugs the northern edge of the state. It starts out going north, but is technically considered southbound as it turns south near Red Cliff.
Mid-South / Re: Commission approves US Hig...
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 11:37:11 AM
US 78 markers now follow Interstate 55 from Blytheville to Memphis on Google Maps, although there aren't any on E. E.H. Crump Blvd. yet. However, Google Maps did make a major boo-boo with the US 78 designation in far-western Memphis and in W. Memphis. Although the US 78 markers are correctly on Interstate 55, US 78 markers were also placed on the railroad tracks that parallel Interstate 55. The western end of the US 78 railroad tracks is here in Marion: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2046693,-90.1923459,262m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu; and the eastern end of the US 78 railroad tracks is here in Memphis: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1264607,-90.0650305,278m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu.
Northeast / Re: New York
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 11:34:57 AM
Connecticut is doing it on a whenever a sign project comes up basis.  New York is another story.

For some reason a state that is against traditional values and moves with progress is being fuddy duddy and clinging on to dear life to keep sequential exit numbers.
Traffic Control / Re: Guess the speed limit chal...
Last post by plain - Today at 11:31:51 AM
I definitely wasn't about to go low (even though you never know with this game lmao).

Image from GSV

MPH

moto g pure

The segment between Columbus and Waldo is the most pressing segment that needs upgrading. The portion from Waldo to Carey is already a four-lane roadway with bypasses, and I'm not sure if the portion from Carey to Toledo needs an expansion to four lanes.
Northeast / Re: New York
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 11:23:13 AM
If one thought Connecticut has been slow with their conversion to mileage-based exits, New York has been even slower. It will probably take decades to convert all of New York's exits to mileage-based, if that happens at all.  It probably could have happened sooner if the numerous bills to allow a conversion to mileage-based exits didn't keep going down in flames. The only thing we can do is bid our time and be patient (I'm very good at doing the latter).
Traffic Control / Re: Erroneous road signs
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 11:18:42 AM
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WhqJsLoih5bA8cgU6
I-76 ends here. Should be NJ 42 South Atlantic City on the pull through.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.