News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Changing one letter of a t...
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 11:24:19 AM
I started a blog about LOST HATS!!!
I started a blog about LOST SHITS!!!
Navel lane markings?
Southeast / Re: Complete NC 540 Project
Last post by PColumbus73 - Today at 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: NE2 on July 22, 2024, 02:45:58 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 22, 2024, 11:55:52 AMWhere would be a good place for an Interstate 640 to go, assuming one is ever proposed, which seems unlikely to me?
Your driveway.

The North Carolina Outer Outer Loop
Northeast / Re: PA Turnpike News
Last post by Rothman - Today at 11:16:53 AM
Oof. 

*runs off to check NYSDOT's GIS, hoping it's PennDOT making NY look good yet again*
Pacific Southwest / Re: Anyone know what happened ...
Last post by bing101 - Today at 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Mapmikey on July 22, 2024, 08:22:24 PMFrom a 1969 street map:

Looks to have been physically destroyed in the 2010s.  No GMSV gets close enough to see over there before that.

It was still a valid address for Southwest Airlines as late as 2018.  See pg. 51 at https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/weblist_2018_-_all_alternates_-_by_key_name.pdf
Saw that and parts of Goddard way became ramps to other parts of the San Diego Airport .
Northeast / Re: PA Turnpike News
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 11:09:59 AM
It looks like the PennDOT-maintained portion of PA 43 in Uniontown is not an interstate then.   :-D  :banghead:

I-576 may be wishful thinking by politicians long-term.
Off-Topic / Re: I started a blog about LOS...
Last post by bandit957 - Today at 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: hobsini2 on Today at 10:50:38 AMWill you keep us posted here of what is upcoming on the blog?

There's a good yacht rock laugh coming up, and maybe some rap too.
General Highway Talk / Re: Novel lane markings?
Last post by Bitmapped - Today at 10:57:22 AM
I've seen double sets of double yellow lines used like this before where they are trying to keep traffic separated because of head-on collision concerns.

This sort of lane configuration is normally treated like an island that you are not supposed to cross, which means people couldn't turn into driveways. Having the gaps in the lines would allow people to turn in the driveways.
Off-Topic / Re: I started a blog about LOS...
Last post by hobsini2 - Today at 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on Today at 09:59:25 AMEver notice there were songs they used to play on the radio that you never hear anymore? For example, the entire Peter Wolf solo catalog, or maybe a couple of Scandal songs that just barely missed the top 40.

I have a new blog that serves as a monument to these lost hits.

It's free like pee, and you can bip your beeper here...

https://losthits41073.blogspot.com

Read it now before it reads you!
I saw your entry for July 22nd. One of my all time favorite albums. You could have had No Sone of Mine and I Can't Dance also among the lost hits from that album. But Jesus He Knows Me was such a good poke at the phony evangelicals that were and still around. 2 other songs from that album that I love as deep cuts were Driving the Last Spike and Dreaming While You Sleep. Such a great story-telling album.

Will you keep us posted here of what is upcoming on the blog?
Central States / Re: Multiple OKC-area highways...
Last post by bugo - Today at 10:45:27 AM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 22, 2024, 12:16:22 PMI think the non-tolled OK 165 segment of the Muskogee Turnpike's exits should also have exit numbers, since it does have mileposts that correspond with the Turnpike's mileage. I find it odd that the exits aren't numbered, although they were likely unnumbered even in the days when the Turnpike's exits were sequentially-numbered (the Muskogee, Cimarron, and Indian Nation toll roads had sequentially-numbered exits until 1997).
They are co-signed southbound on the free stretch just south of the first free interchange just south of the Arkansas River.

Mr. Coffee coffee maker (1972)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.