News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Strong Towns founder publishes a book

Started by SkyPesos, September 07, 2021, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalvado

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 04, 2023, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: formulanone on September 04, 2023, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 04, 2023, 11:26:51 AMWhile there should be alternatives available the problem is the urbanism advocacy has done a poor job advocating for them.  Demanding things like the removal of freeways like I-275 in Tampa or going on Reddit to create "fuck cars"  threads doesn't endear to the masses.  Stuff like CityNerd equating the entire road community as akin to Kernals12 is an example of the low brow behavior typical in the urbanism crowd. 

As someone who does distance running and cycling I have every incentive to support multimodal transportation corridors.  I would just prefer a less insane crowd to be pushing for and creating the best models for everything. 

The problem is the medium to broadcast these (and many other) messages has equated one-sided extremism with Signal, and balanced collaboration as Noise to be subsequently filtered.

Yes, part of the problem is that the wrong people screaming the loudest get the most attention.
More or less always the case. It's hard to get masses involved into long-term gradual change, promises of instant gratification  via  existing system destruction gain much more support. Media follows the general path.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.