News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

3dis on former routing of parent 2di

Started by mightyace, April 30, 2009, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyace

This topic is trying to identify the three-digit interstates that run on a former routing of their 2di parent.

Here are some examples that I can think of to get this started:

1) I-376 in Pittsburgh, PA runs on a former routing of I-76

2) I-480 near Cleveland, OH was once signed as I-80

3) I-76 and I-676 have swapped routes in Philadelphia, PA.

Plus, I have a future one.

When the I-95/PA turnpike interchange is complete and I-95 is routed onto the PA and NJ turnpikes.  The current I-95 from there to Trenton will become I-195.  (at least for now  :sombrero:)

What other ones are there?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

mightyace

Quote from: froggie on April 30, 2009, 08:50:14 PM
Well you have the opposite in your own backyard:  I-65 running along what was originally I-265.

I didn't mention that because that is the reverse of what I mentioned.  That's a parent 2di running on a former 3di routing.

But, if everyone wants to discuss those as well.  I'm game.

74/171FAN

I-395 on I-95's old route through Washington, DC
I-270 on I-70S from I-70 to I-495
I-275 on I-4's and I-75's old route in Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

PAHighways

I-279 on I-79's former route on the Parkway West in Pittsburgh

When it is finally extended, I-376 on I-76's former route on the same expressway.

Terry Shea

mightyace

IIRC

I-290 in Chicagoland once was signed as I-90.

Sykotyk

I-95 now rides on old I-495 in Maine. I-295 runs on old I-95.

Sykotyk

brad2971

I-80 in Sacramento runs on the old I-880 route. Biz-80 is now the old I-80 routing in CA's state capital.

DrZoidberg

Wasn't there a plan in place at one time to route I-94 in Milwaukee along I-894, and then extend I-794 west along the current routing of I-94?
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

akotchi

I-275 in Knoxville was I-75 before I-75 was rerouted around the city on I-640.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Greybear

In Memphis, when the route through Overton Park was defeated, TnDOT routed I-40 over the route of I-240 on the northern side of the city.

Alps

I-495 DE was for a couple of years I-95 due to reconstruction through Wilmington - current/original I-95 was briefly I-895.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.