News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

If Texas had a sequential exiting system

Started by msubulldog, September 29, 2013, 01:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msubulldog

What would be the number for what is Exit 880 on I-10? And would that be the highest numbered sequential exit on our interstate system?
"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."
Matt 7:14, NLT

Chris

I-5 in California could be a rival. It's a bit shorter than I-10 in Texas, but runs through 3 large metropolitan areas with boatloads of exits.

wxfree

Using the tables on Wikipedia, my quick estimate is 368.

By my quick estimate, California wins, with I-5 having about 420.  The spacing made those harder to count, so that's an approximate number, but I'd say the margin is large enough for reasonable certainty that I-5 has more.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

bassoon1986

I counted 395 on I-35 in Texas on Wikipedia and included 35E since it's part of the mainline. Kinda crazy considering it's about 375 miles shorter than 10, but it hits quite a bit of metro as well.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.