News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Denton, Tx: W Oak and W Hickory St's to become ONE WAY

Started by Brian556, January 02, 2013, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

The portions of W Oak St and W Hickory St from Jagoe St/Ave C to Bonnie Brae St are about to become ONE WAY.

US71

Quote from: Brian556 on January 02, 2013, 11:13:37 AM
The portions of W Oak St and W Hickory St from Jagoe St/Ave C to Bonnie Brae St are about to become ONE WAY.]
I just checked that on Google Maps to see if any highways would be affected (apparently not), but it looks like Google has already made the change on their maps.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bassoon1986

I wish they would do the same for those same streets east of the downtown square

Road Hog

This change needed to happen probably 12 years ago. Oak Street eastbound was very confusing being two-way for a good part of it, and then suddenly you see a Do Not Enter sign and have to shunt over to Hickory. Now that Oak is divided west of Bonnie Brae and splits there, this makes sense.

And yes, the same traffic pattern needs to be extended east of the square down to Bell Avenue.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.