News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by webny99 - Today at 08:23:45 AM
I have been using the forum a lot less lately, but not because of the theme change. For a bunch of reasons, I just haven't had the time, but I have also perceived that it's not as busy as usual, and that further reduces my interest in regular check-ins.
General Highway Talk / Re: Roads that you have been o...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 07:59:28 AM
Anyone who's clinched US-177 (as I have) can count that, since it's the main drag through Sulphur, OK, which got tornadoed a week or so ago.
General Highway Talk / Re: Google Maps just fucking S...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 07:30:38 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.0158344,-81.8642208,2691m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

The Exit 14 Plaza on FL 570 is not temporarily closed. It's currently collecting tolls electronically with the canopy and botch's still erected. So it's fair to state the plaza is not closed at all.  It might be there temporarily until FTE gets the funding to tear it down for a more traditional toll gantry, but it's there draining all motorists as they travel.
Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by jeffandnicole - Today at 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: jgb191 on Today at 12:02:16 AMI was connecting at Hobby Airport yesterday and at the gate next to where I was boarding for my onward flight back home, I overheard this:

Southwest Airlines gate agent (calmly): "Good Evening sir, what airport are you flying to tonight?"
Southwest Airlines Passenger (upset):  "I'm going to California ma'am."
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "Okay, do you know which airport?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (irate):  "I just told you, California!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calmly): "I understand sir, but which airport exactly?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (angrily):  "What part of 'California' do you not understand ma'am?!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "There are a lot of airports in California, I just need to know which one."
Southwest Airlines passenger (blows fuse):  "I need to speak to your manager, NOW!!!"

I felt really terrible; it seems that airline agents are kicked in the head way more than any other customer service profession.  I wish airlines would provide trauma assistance every week for their employees.

Campbeltown Airport in Scotland it is then. (IATA code: CAL)
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by jeffandnicole - Today at 07:02:05 AM
At least on these forums, the most annoying one people overuse is  :banghead:
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: New US 51 - Cairo Bridge
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:55:53 AM
Given the terminals still operating in Cairo, I find the idea of "buying it out" a bit far-fetched.

Not mentioning the old Customs House was also an interesting omission.
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:51:52 AM
I don't know about annoying, but when people respond with just a bunch of laughing faces, it does strike me as lazy.
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:49:49 AM
Moral of the story: Never think you've encountered the epitome of stupidity.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by formulanone - Today at 06:43:37 AM
New Hampshire 10 in Winchester:

Last post by formulanone - Today at 06:29:12 AM
Quote from: jgb191 on Today at 12:02:16 AMI was connecting at Hobby Airport yesterday and at the gate next to where I was boarding for my onward flight back home, I overheard this:

Southwest Airlines gate agent (calmly): "Good Evening sir, what airport are you flying to tonight?"
Southwest Airlines Passenger (upset):  "I'm going to California ma'am."
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "Okay, do you know which airport?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (irate):  "I just told you, California!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calmly): "I understand sir, but which airport exactly?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (angrily):  "What part of 'California' do you not understand ma'am?!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "There are a lot of airports in California, I just need to know which one."
Southwest Airlines passenger (blows fuse):  "I need to speak to your manager, NOW!!!"

I felt really terrible; it seems that airline agents are kicked in the head way more than any other customer service profession.  I wish airlines would provide trauma assistance every week for their employees.

Props to that gate agent for trying extra hard to hold back laughter. Maybe more for just laughing that pax's face.

The only suckier job would be the ones which deal with missing/damaged baggage. You're never getting pleased customers at that point.

(Yeah, the one that clean the lavs; but that's usually contracted out.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.