News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Historic Jackson Co. MO Highway Photos

Started by Route66Fan, October 03, 2020, 05:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route66Fan

I found these pictures in a 1926 book I got off of Ebay called "Jackson County Missouri, It's Opportunities and Resources" (Also known as the "Official Report on the Resources and Opportunities of Jackson County, Missouri.), by M. E. Ballou, who was, at the time, Acting Secretary, and organizer of the Rual Jackson County Chamber of Commerce.
I think this is now Lone Jack-Lee Summit Road (Old US 50).

I think this is now the Westbound lanes of US 40 near Lake Tapawingo, between Independence, MO & Blue Springs, MO.

A lost covered bridge on the old "Lexington Road" between Buckner, MO & Levasy, MO.

A roadside stand on Missouri State Highway No. 2 (Now US 40) in Independence, MO. (Note the black sign on the pole on the right.)

What is now the intersection of US 40 & Lees Summit Road in Independence, MO.

Some other road pictures that were in the book.

A stretch of, what later became, US 40 in Eastern Jackson Co. MO.

Some more various old Jackson Co. MO highway pictures.

bugo

The book had a grammatical error in its title?

edwaleni

I tried to map the Sni-A-Bar road picture to a current map. While parts of it still exist, this appears to be what is now Blue parkway in the Blue River valley.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.