News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Crossroads is fenced off. The Disney owned shopping center forced its tenants out to make room for the I-4 Exit 68 interchange reconstruction.

Found out dormant since August 31 per news archives.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/09/22/new-road-coming-to-connect-obt-to-jyp
Holden Avenue has been being extended for over a year now, but soon there will be an additional roadway heading E-W between John Young Parkway and Orange Blossom Trail in Orange County, Florida.  Currently Oakridge Road and Americana Blvd/Conroy Road are at peak capacity during rush hours.  So this new corridor is definitely needed and long overdue.

Sheryl Crowe

CoreySamson

Quick question:

How is the traffic on I-4 these days, particularly between Orlando and Tampa? I've heard really bad things about it, but isn't the I-4 Ultimate project complete?
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

roadman65

It's bad in Osceola particularly at Champions Gate. Currently FDOT is turning that diamond into a diverging diamond.

The ultimate is not quite done. It's been paved with permanent lane striping, but the HOT lanes still unopened.

Plus speed limit raised to 60 mph west of OBT into the Tourist Areas.

Sheryl Crowe

DeaconG

Quote from: roadman65 on November 03, 2021, 01:22:37 PM
It's bad in Osceola particularly at Champions Gate. Currently FDOT is turning that diamond into a diverging diamond.

The ultimate is not quite done. It's been paved with permanent lane striping, but the HOT lanes still unopened.

And then there's Beyond The Ultimate! You're gonna see construction barrels for quite some time on I-4.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

NE2

Quote from: CoreySamson on November 03, 2021, 11:51:03 AM
Quick question:

How is the traffic on I-4 these days, particularly between Orlando and Tampa? I've heard really bad things about it, but isn't the I-4 Ultimate project complete?
The biggest issue is near US 27, due to the large growth of the Davenport-Haines City area for commuting to Orlando. It's especially bad westbound with traffic from both toll bypasses merging without adding any lanes.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ukfan758

Quote from: roadman65 on November 03, 2021, 01:22:37 PM

I'm curious what the hold up is with the Express Lanes. I live in Orlando now and the concrete surface for them has been finished everywhere for quite some time, the signs have been working with test letters for several weeks, and the toll cameras are up. Literally the only thing not finished is like 2 sections of the flyover express ramp to the turnpike. Surely they could open them now but just put construction barriers or barrels blocking the Turnpike ramp? Or let the public do a a free trial run on them for a few weeks until the whole project is finished. FDOT pulled the same shenanigans with the new 417/Turnpike ramps as well by waiting until everything not related to the ramps was completely finished.

1995hoo

Quote from: NE2 on November 03, 2021, 10:02:40 PM
Quick question:

The biggest issue is near US 27, due to the large growth of the Davenport-Haines City area for commuting to Orlando. It's especially bad westbound with traffic from both toll bypasses merging without adding any lanes.

I note when I look at maps of the area how the western and eastern bypasses will link up at I-4 just south of Route 46. Has there been any consideration of linking them up at the southern end, either via a parallel highway to I-4 or via a C/D sort of system? It sort of stands out on the map how the bypasses will make almost a complete loop. Or is there not enough thru traffic making that particular movement to warrant it?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

NE2

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 04, 2021, 07:36:15 AM
I note when I look at maps of the area how the western and eastern bypasses will link up at I-4 just south of Route 46. Has there been any consideration of linking them up at the southern end, either via a parallel highway to I-4 or via a C/D sort of system? It sort of stands out on the map how the bypasses will make almost a complete loop. Or is there not enough thru traffic making that particular movement to warrant it?
Not that I know of, but there are plans to extend 429 south to meet 538 (Poinciana Parkway): http://www.cfxway.com/agency-information/plans-studies/project-studies/poinciana-parkway-extension/

Here are the plans for I-4 between the beltways: http://i4beyond.com/project-designs/segment-1a/#design-documents

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Great Lakes Roads

https://floridasturnpike.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/AET-Phase-8-Half-Page-Flyer.pdf

Starting on November 8 (Monday), cash collection will no longer be accepted on Florida's Turnpike mainline from MM 88 (Lantana) to MM 236 (Three Lakes). Demolition of the toll plazas will begin afterward, and it will take three more years to complete the conversion to AET.

D-Dey65

Quote from: NE2 on November 03, 2021, 10:02:40 PM
Quick question:

Sounds like the same problem with the Long Island Expressway west of Exit 38.

Alex

Looks like SR 15 was truncated 1.43 miles north from SR 528 (Beachline Expressway) to Lee Vista Boulevard last year. Noticed the change from SR 15 to CR 15 on the FDOT GIS Data today, and confirmed the relinquishment with the straight line diagram revised on 08/06/20.

GSV still shows a confirming marker for SR 15 northbound just beyond the exchange with the Beachline Expressway. Also per GSV, there is a shield north of Lee Vista Boulevard but not south.

D-Dey65

Some limited-access highway is being built across US 17 south of Green Cove Springs. I suspect this might've been mentioned in another post, but I'd like to know what it is anyway.

kevinb1994

Quote from: D-Dey65 on December 02, 2021, 09:01:25 PM
Some limited-access highway is being built across US 17 south of Green Cove Springs. I suspect this might've been mentioned in another post, but I'd like to know what it is anyway.
That's the First Coast Expressway, aka SR 23. I've been in the area, but not recently.

When the final segment with the replacement for the Shands Bridge is finally built, the traffic using the bridge without using the connecting segments of the Expressway won't have to pay a toll AFAIK. This was done to placate the locals on either side of the future bridge (mostly those in Green Cove Springs, along with those on Longleaf Pine Parkway in St Johns).

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alex on December 02, 2021, 06:12:56 PM
Looks like SR 15 was truncated 1.43 miles north from SR 528 (Beachline Expressway) to Lee Vista Boulevard last year. Noticed the change from SR 15 to CR 15 on the FDOT GIS Data today, and confirmed the relinquishment with the straight line diagram revised on 08/06/20.

GSV still shows a confirming marker for SR 15 northbound just beyond the exchange with the Beachline Expressway. Also per GSV, there is a shield north of Lee Vista Boulevard but not south.

Looking @ historical GSV @ Lee Vista Blvd, there was never a shield for SB FL-15 there.

GSV still did show however the changeover between CR and SR status on the FL-528 WB offramp in the March '21 imagery. https://goo.gl/maps/L7bzHn4oSBdzQbf26

1995hoo

Quote from: kevinb1994 on December 02, 2021, 10:42:28 PM
That's the First Coast Expressway, aka SR 23. I've been in the area, but not recently.

When the final segment with the replacement for the Shands Bridge is finally built, the traffic using the bridge without using the connecting segments of the Expressway won't have to pay a toll AFAIK. This was done to placate the locals on either side of the future bridge (mostly those in Green Cove Springs, along with those on Longleaf Pine Parkway in St Johns).

You can readily see the construction scar across the area on Google Maps' satellite view.

kevinb1994

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 07, 2021, 11:58:07 AM

You can readily see the construction scar across the area on Google Maps' satellite view.
They will, at some point, update the construction scar near its north end-there is a notable gap at about where the crossing of Black Creek will be.

roadman65

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 07, 2021, 11:58:07 AM

I bet it gets completed before that long time project of the Gateway Expressway in the Bay Area across the state.

Sheryl Crowe

Alex

Attn: D-Dey65

The Ayers Road Extension around Masaryktown fully opened to traffic between CR 578 (County Line Road)/Trillium Boulevard) and U.S. 41 (Broad Street) on September 21, 2021. Drove the new arterial route this morning, and the portion of CR 578 currently being reconstructed east of the Suncoast Parkway (SR 589). Construction continues on the overall project to next Summer.

Traffic lights were added where CR 576 (Ayers Road) meets CR 578, where Trillium Boulevard crosses to the north, and at U.S. 41.

The first shield for CR 576 posted east of CR 578. CR 576 is fully posted along the Ayers Road Extension.

CR 578 (County Line Road) west where it ties into the realigned intersection with Trillium Boulevard and the Ayers Road Extension (CR 576).

The rest of the photos for County Road 576 (Ayers Road): https://www.aaroads.com/guides/cr-576-hernando-fl/
The page for County Road 578 (County Line Road): https://www.aaroads.com/guides/cr-578-hernando-fl/

Also reshot US 41 north and south where it meets CR 576. Also signage for CR 578 is unchanged at the east end of County Line Road.

D-Dey65

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2021, 06:25:59 PM
Attn: D-Dey65

The Ayers Road Extension around Masaryktown fully opened to traffic between CR 578 (County Line Road)/Trillium Boulevard) and U.S. 41 (Broad Street) on September 21, 2021. Drove the new arterial route this morning, and the portion of CR 578 currently being reconstructed east of the Suncoast Parkway (SR 589). Construction continues on the overall project to next Summer.

Traffic lights were added where CR 576 (Ayers Road) meets CR 578, where Trillium Boulevard crosses to the north, and at U.S. 41.

The first shield for CR 576 posted east of CR 578. CR 576 is fully posted along the Ayers Road Extension.

CR 578 (County Line Road) west where it ties into the realigned intersection with Trillium Boulevard and the Ayers Road Extension (CR 576).

The rest of the photos for County Road 576 (Ayers Road): https://www.aaroads.com/guides/cr-576-hernando-fl/
The page for County Road 578 (County Line Road): https://www.aaroads.com/guides/cr-578-hernando-fl/

Also reshot US 41 north and south where it meets CR 576. Also signage for CR 578 is unchanged at the east end of County Line Road.
Cool. I've seen it. The info near Mariner Boulevard has been out of date for a while though. I forget the year of the widening, but they still have the incorrect westbound signs approaching CR 587. I really have to name those pictures and either send them an e-mail, or drive directly to Brooksville and show them their mistakes.

kevinb1994

I was on SR 535 (Apopka-Vineland Road) yesterday and one section near Disney World has new traffic signals up but they weren't on yet. Should help with exiting/entering the businesses along this stretch of highway. Also the I-4 Ultimate tolls will be (apparently) ready for use early next year.

roadman65

https://fdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=324053528c0f49beaab365d0ef6796f8

I found the on line map from FDOT showing the routes including FL A1A overlapping US 1 from Miami to Key West.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

Quote from: roadman65 on December 29, 2021, 02:20:28 AM
https://fdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=324053528c0f49beaab365d0ef6796f8

I found the on line map from FDOT showing the routes including FL A1A overlapping US 1 from Miami to Key West.

Shitty data with many errors. For example, SR 827 and SR 798 exist west of US 441, SR 542 exists east of US 27, SR 553 is downgraded to CR 553, and SR 537 still exists - even north of SR 438!

D-Dey65

Anyone here ever been on FL 105? I was looking at the Google Map coverage of it, and from the air it looks like the entrance to JAXPORT was limited-access. Has the eastbound lane ever had a bridge over the entrance to the port? Should it have one?

1995hoo

Quote from: D-Dey65 on January 11, 2022, 09:54:46 AM
Anyone here ever been on FL 105? I was looking at the Google Map coverage of it, and from the air it looks like the entrance to JAXPORT was limited-access. Has the eastbound lane ever had a bridge over the entrance to the port? Should it have one?

Never been on there, but your post prompted me to look at Google Maps. I was not aware of the ferry across the St. John's River east of there–I hadn't known there were any crossings east of the Dames Point Bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.