News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 11:18:26 PM
Quote from: vdeane on Today at 09:33:13 PMThe enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?

Eventually the only thing left on the Internet will be a green button that says "Pay money".
Traffic Control / Re: Unique, Odd, or Interestin...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 11:14:26 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 24, 2024, 11:59:29 AM

Oh, come on, couldn't they have put TRUCKERS YOU ARE NOT DOWN YET on one of those?
Northeast / Re: New York
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 11:12:49 PM
More like new york is broken, but sure
Quote from: bandit957 on Today at 11:05:59 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on Today at 10:58:36 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on Today at 10:54:34 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on Today at 10:47:14 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on Today at 10:28:26 PMI have numerous threads that I'm watching, and I'm not getting alerts for those unless someone quotes me.

I'm supposed to get an e-mail any time someone posts in those.

Double check your email on record to make sure it's correct.  Also, double check that the threads in question aren't setup as 'No Alerts Or Emails' (button is beside the 'Print' button).

I'm using the correct e-mail, and these threads are set to "receive alerts."

I do get e-mails when someone quotes me, but not if someone just replies to a thread.

"Receive Alerts" is just inside the forum, thus no email.

If you want emails, you need to select "Receive Emails and Alerts".

Also, double check the "Notify me of:" option in the "Profile - Notifications" area is not set to "Nothing at all".
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on Today at 10:58:36 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on Today at 10:28:26 PMI have numerous threads that I'm watching, and I'm not getting alerts for those unless someone quotes me.

Double check your email on record to make sure it's correct.  Also, double check that the threads in question aren't setup as 'No Alerts Or Emails' (button is beside the 'Print' button).

I'm using the correct e-mail, and these threads are set to "receive alerts."

I do get e-mails when someone quotes me, but not if someone just replies to a thread.

Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 10:52:51 PM
Even relaxing "safeguards" within DOT bureaucratic processes can speed things up considerably, especially if your local FHWA division is persuaded to be more lenient than usual...

(personal opinion emphasized)
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by rickmastfan67 - Today at 10:51:12 PM
They're looking at an aggressive timeline to replace the bridge.  They think they can have a new bridge up by 2028!

Pacific Southwest / Re: Nevada
Last post by Rothman - Today at 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: cl94 on Today at 05:12:59 PMWestern government employees are shockingly nice by eastern standards. Of course, we're also (generally) paid well by eastern standards and often have better flexibility.

I've yet to have a bad experience at NYSDMV, but I only moved to NY after improvements were made twenty-plus years ago.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.