News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Terrell, Texas: Spur 557 (Old I-20) Closed Due to "Slick Pavement"

Started by Brian556, September 23, 2018, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

TxDOT Highway Conditions Page Shows Spur 557 to be closed due to "Slick Pavement Conditions" It has rained a lot in the past several days. I have never heard of a road being closed for this reason. This road has a seal coat surface. Since this closure started when it was raining, I suspect that the problem has to do with wheel ruts being slick due to all the tar coming to the surface, and the gravel not being exposed enough to provide traction. We've discussed all the problems with seal coat before. Its pretty bad when a freeway has to be closed due to its substandard performance.

https://drivetexas.org/#/12/32.7247/-96.3868?future=false

In_Correct

Quote from: Brian556 on September 23, 2018, 04:24:26 PM
TxDOT Highway Conditions Page Shows Spur 557 to be closed due to "Slick Pavement Conditions" It has rained a lot in the past several days. I have never heard of a road being closed for this reason. This road has a seal coat surface. Since this closure started when it was raining, I suspect that the problem has to do with wheel ruts being slick due to all the tar coming to the surface, and the gravel not being exposed enough to provide traction. We've discussed all the problems with seal coat before. Its pretty bad when a freeway has to be closed due to its substandard performance.

https://drivetexas.org/#/12/32.7247/-96.3868?future=false

There was probably flooding also. I never like Sealed Coat. Sea Sick Cement is much better.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.