AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Poll

Semi truck
- 10 (37%)
School bus
- 9 (33.3%)
A truck with a trailer hauling something
- 8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: The worst vehicle to be stuck behind?  (Read 10186 times)

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:52:41 PM
Re: The worst vehicle to be stuck behind?
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2022, 07:19:30 AM »

But in the US where there are always speed limits you are doing a favor by keeping your boring Town Car in the left lane at 5-10 over if it prevents some pothead in a tricked out Jetta from doing 110.

No, you're not doing anyone a favor. You're impeding traffic.

No one is being impeded except someone that is driving recklessly to start with. That is not a problem. Everyone else on the road is better off without that guy diving in and out of traffic at 40-50 over the limit.

If you're in the left lane, it causes those people to weave more, not less. If the left lane is clear, they won't need to weave as much.

If the road is fairly open, yes.
But typically when I find myself in this position the other two lanes are plugged with semis, etc. and they have to just sit there and do the speed limit like the rest of us.

I thought you were going 5 - 10 over the speed limit.

Yes, 5-10 so that even if the speedometer is off a bit no one is being forced to go less, and also so I can pass trucks and sit in that optimally safe part of the speed curve.

You realize your speedometer could be off a bit both way?. So if you think you're going 65 in a 65 zone, you may only be going 60 in a 65 zone.

BlueOutback7

• I-5 to Finland or bust!

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:11:24 PM
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

I live near a sand and gravel company and every time I’m on that road, a giant dump truck loaded with dirt will always pull out in front of me when I’m doing 45 in a 40. Very annoying.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

HighwayStar

• Last Login: November 06, 2023, 10:56:26 AM
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2022, 05:49:40 PM »

I live near a sand and gravel company and every time I’m on that road, a giant dump truck loaded with dirt will always pull out in front of me when I’m doing 45 in a 40. Very annoying.

Going off that, I would say someone in a pickup hauling things that are poorly secured. The kind of situation where you can tell it is an amateur that just rented the thing and put way too much in the bed and has a dollar tree rope holding that refrigerator in.
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

DeaconG

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:01:52 PM
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2022, 08:35:23 AM »

Car carriers, without a doubt (especially when they're governed and they pull out in front of you to pass because some SUV driver couldn't pick up their speed in the center lane). Dump trucks and Hi-Rangers also set me off wholesale (Asplundh and Pike Electrical, I'm talking about you specifically in my neck of the woods).
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.