Highways in the US not covered by GSV

Started by jlam, April 09, 2023, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlam

I was reading through the Google Maps Sucks thread, specifically, the US 6 debacle, when I thought of something: What are some numbered routes or route segments in the United States not covered by GSV, whatever the reason? Here are some examples in Colorado:

• Colorado Highway 14 intermittently east of Walden
  • Colorado Highway 114
  • Colorado Highway 149 between Lake City and Creed
We could include everything from international borders and newly opened roads to roads in the middle of nowhere.

Max Rockatansky

Hunty2022

Business US 13 in Cheriton and Eastville don't have much coverage, with only tiny segments of coverage. Multiple state routes on the VA Eastern Shore don't have some either.

Many Virginia Secondaries don't have coverage as well.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

SkyPesos

Somehow the OH 823 Portsmouth Bypass freeway still doesn't have GSV coverage despite being finished for a couple of years by now.

KeithE4Phx

In Arizona, many signed county and forest service roads have been removed from GSV because they're unpaved.  They were included at one time.

Not only in AZ, but in much of the country, rural areas haven't been updated in close to 15 years.  Not that they've likely changed all that much, but picture quality has vastly improved since then.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

hbelkins

KY 199. Most of it doesn't even have coverage on KYTC's photolog.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: jlam on April 09, 2023, 02:44:39 PM
I was reading through the Google Maps Sucks thread, specifically, the US 6 debacle, when I thought of something: What are some numbered routes or route segments in the United States not covered by GSV, whatever the reason? Here are some examples in Colorado:

• Colorado Highway 14 intermittently east of Walden
  • Colorado Highway 114
  • Colorado Highway 149 between Lake City and Creed
We could include everything from international borders and newly opened roads to roads in the middle of nowhere.
I drive the segment between, well.. here (10 miles up the Poudre), to the end of 14 at Muddy Pass quite frequently. I find it also weird, that some random county road has imagery, yet 14 does not.

I'd fill in the gaps, but I don't think my poor, tired, Camry is up to the job.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Roadgeekteen

Not a numbered highway, but parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina in the Mount Mitchell area are missing from GSV.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cockroachking

Parts of the following NY routes:
21, 34B, 38, 41A, 90, 184, 200*, 224, 228, 289, 345, 408, 421*, 430, 431*

*=entire length missing

hotdogPi

A brief segment of US 59 just west of the Arkansas/Oklahoma border (but not immediately at the border).

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

jlam

There isn't a single state highway in Alaska with complete coverage.

rschen7754

Remarkably, a good number of highways in PR, USVI, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands have GSV.

CNGL-Leudimin

I swear there was another thread for this. And it was mentioned US 6 between the Colorado/Nebraska line and Imperial didn't (and still doesn't) have Street View. At least US 2 through Northeastern Montana finally got covered last year...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jlam on April 11, 2023, 10:55:21 PM

Looks like AK98 is fully there.

jlam

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 12, 2023, 11:28:39 AM

It looks like there is a gap near the Canadian border

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jlam on April 12, 2023, 11:32:53 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 12, 2023, 11:28:39 AM

It looks like there is a gap near the Canadian border

Not as far as I can see. There's a gap on YT2 just past the border. I also like how there's a GSV for the whole Chilkoot Trail, one of my bucket list hikes.

jlam

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jlam on April 12, 2023, 11:40:11 AM
According to this there is a gap:

When you "drive it" though, it's continuous.

TBKS1

While GSV exists here now, US 165 from Giltett to DeWitt didn't have street view until just a few months ago.

There's a lot of state highways in Arkansas that don't have street view coverage at all. You could probably just look around with the coverage map for a bit and find some that don't have it.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

jlam

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 12, 2023, 11:45:35 AM
It skips over that section when I tried to do it, but since it is so small of a gap, we'll count it for all intents and purposes.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jlam on April 12, 2023, 11:51:44 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 12, 2023, 11:45:35 AM
It skips over that section when I tried to do it, but since it is so small of a gap, we'll count it for all intents and purposes.

Sight clinch. :)

cockroachking

Updated after Google had a somewhat productive summer in Upstate NY.

Parts of the following NY routes:
38, 184, 289, 345, 421*, 430, 431

*=entire length missing

Of course, there is still a lot of crappy GSV from 2007-09, but crappy is better than nothing.

US 89

Utah has a good number of unsigned "institutional" state routes without coverage, but many of them are not open to the public at all and others are no more than parking lots, so that doesn't feel fair.

There are a number of state park access routes missing coverage either in part or in their entirety. 303 is the one in that category that is signed to my knowledge.

Outside of those unique categories:

- SR 45 south of Bonanza
- SR 179 in its entirety, only because it is new
- SR 276 east of Lake Powell

andrepoiy

A bunch of highways in North Country, NY State

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.