dumb question: why do we call it a parking garage?

Started by NE2, November 30, 2014, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Big John

And is subject to regional dialect:  In WI it is called a parking ramp, or just "ramp"

roadman65

I even got a dumber question.  Why are you even asking this question?  If someone else here on this forum came up with this question you would be the first to heckle them and make jokes about this type of question.

Hey roadman - Please be civilized.  This are no dumb questions --sso
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Quote from: NE2 on November 30, 2014, 04:11:31 AM
Wouldn't 'garage' be enough?

"Garages" were also places where folks had their cars repaired, so I suppose there needed to be some additional emphasis.

Billy F 1988

Hey, NE2, dumbass question: why the hell do you come up with dumb bullshit like this anyways?

Hey Billy F - Please be civilized.  This are no dumb questions --sso
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

NE2

Formulanone: thanks, that makes sense.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hotdogPi

dumb question: why did dumb change meaning from "not able to talk" to "lacking intelligence"?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

leroys73

'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

SSOWorld

Locking - I can see this is going to go nowhere.  The topic is legitimate. Think about what you post before posting
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.