News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Counties without federal highways

Started by Poiponen13, December 25, 2023, 06:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avalanchez71

bwana39

Texas

Hutchinson
Hansford
Briscoe
Cochran
Delta
Bosque
Kermit
Brazoria
Matagorda
Jim Hogg
Winkler
Loving
Llano

I think that is all

Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

bing101

Quote from: DTComposer on December 29, 2023, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: RZF on December 26, 2023, 01:47:40 PM
Without fact checking, counties in California with no Interstates or US routes:
Alpine
Amador
Butte
Calaveras
Lake
Madera
Mariposa
Napa
Plumas
Santa Cruz
Sutter
Toulumne
Trinity
Tulare
Yuba

It's interesting to see that most of these counties are in the sparsely populated Sierra Nevada. Santa Cruz is the only coastal county not served by US 101 or I-5.

I-80 nicks the southeast corner of Napa County for a mile or so.
Yes it's the section halfway between Fairfield and Vallejo where I-80 leaves Solano County the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Parkway exit is the only clue where I-80 is in Napa County.

Avalanchez71

someone17

Switzerland and Ohio counties in Indiana do not have interstates or U.S. routes, iirc.

Ketchup99

In Pennsylvania, I think Carbon County is the only one. It definitely doesn't have one, but I can't think of any others that don't.

roadman65

Quote from: Ketchup99 on January 28, 2024, 12:47:52 AM
In Pennsylvania, I think Carbon County is the only one. It definitely doesn't have one, but I can't think of any others that don't.

Isn't US 209 within it? Jim Thorpe is the county seat which US 209 definitely passes through.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jlam

Regarding Pennsylvania, Cameron County doesn't have any federal highways.

cockroachking

Quote from: roadman65 on January 28, 2024, 07:26:01 AM
Quote from: Ketchup99 on January 28, 2024, 12:47:52 AM

Isn't US 209 within it? Jim Thorpe is the county seat which US 209 definitely passes through.
US-209 indeed goes through Carbon County. As does I-80 and I-476.

Ketchup99

My bad... I had a brainfart. Cameron, not Carbon County. Carbon County is much more populated, and out east.

webny99

Quote from: Ketchup99 on February 02, 2024, 09:36:50 PM
My bad... I had a brainfart. Cameron, not Carbon County. Carbon County is much more populated, and out east.

Yes, Cameron is the only PA county with no US route according to this map that I created as a result of this thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.