Lebanon, New Hampshire Road Meet - September 21, 2013

Started by Dougtone, August 03, 2013, 09:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

It's linked right in the first post on the thread, although I didn't have the full URL display in the text.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

oscar

Now that I'm back home (limped in just after midnight today), let me thank Adam and the others at TomTom for providing a lot of insight into how TomTom keeps its mapping up to date.  As promised, there was no sales pitch for TomTom products, though I suspect some of us might've been tempted to get one, to help with the user updates that are one way TomTom keeps up with changes in the field. 

I missed the last two stops of the tour of the Hanover area following the meeting at TomTom HQ (covered bridges in Vermont, which I'd already seen that morning), to get a jump on my long trip home.

As I noted above, my trip to and from the meet involved a lot of shunpiking, and took me five days total (Thursday-Monday).  My basic routing to the meet included a trip northbound on the Cape May-Lewes auto ferry across Delaware Bay (wasn't sure I'd done that already), up parts of US 9 to Atlantic City, then up the Garden State Parkway to its north end, then I-287 and I-95 to US 7 to overnight in Danbury CT.  Then US 202 and US 7 to I-90, I-91 to MA 2 over to I-495 (short detour to snag a piece of I-190 in Leominster I'd missed), then various Interstates back into Vermont where I finished clinching US 7.  The day of the meet, I took US 4 from Rutland VT, then post-meet the rest of US 4 east to Concord NH to finish clinching that route.  From there, it was over to US 1, starting Sunday in Portsmouth (traveled the rebuilt US 1 bridge to Kittery ME which had been closed during our Portsmouth NH meet), then into downtown Boston along the south end of US 3 and the east end of US 20 before resuming my crawl south on US 1.  Monday I completed the crawl through RI and CT, before catching I-287 and the Trail of Tolls back home, leaving the rest of US 1 within I-287 in NY and NJ for some other trip since I got to I-287 in Rye NY around 4pm and wanted to avoid as much as possible the New York City rush hour.

Following US 1 through Providence was hard, with lots of missing route signage -- I'm not 100% sure I got it all, will need to recheck before I update my CHM list file.  There was also missing signage in southwestern CT, though it helped that US 1 largely follows the Boston Post Road so I could use that to help stay on track.  It took me about eight hours total with many stops to get from Westerly RI to Rye NY, which also had some missing US 1 signage to slow me down.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.