Richmond, VA Meet: October 13

Started by Takumi, June 15, 2012, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If interested in attending a Richmond meet, when is the best time for you?

October 6
1 (11.1%)
October 13
4 (44.4%)
October 20
1 (11.1%)
October 27
1 (11.1%)
November or later
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Roadgeek Adam

I would need a ride to get there, but definitely interested.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Laura

Me and Mike are in! If any of you northeastern folks want to hang out with us on Friday the 12th in the Baltimore area on your way down, do let me know.

Adam, if you can figure out how to get to Baltimore, we could take you (and anyone else) the rest of the way and back :)

Takumi

I've created the event page. There's not much there right now since mobile Facebook doesn't let me do that much, but I'll add to it soon.

http://www.facebook.com/events/103018793179113
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Beltway

I should be able to attend this.  Thanks!
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

CanesFan27

I put myself as a maybe - there's a very good chance that we'll be going to Nashville for the Predators home opener that weekend.

Alps

Quote from: Laura Bianca on July 31, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Me and Mike are in! If any of you northeastern folks want to hang out with us on Friday the 12th in the Baltimore area on your way down, do let me know.

Adam, if you can figure out how to get to Baltimore, we could take you (and anyone else) the rest of the way and back :)
Mayyyyybe

Ian

I'm interested in going, but Richmond may be a bit of a drive for me for one day, so much like Adam, I may need a ride down. If I can't get one, enjoy the meet anyway!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Duke87

I'm a definite no, since that's the weekend of New York Comic Con.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

yanksfan6129

This is possible for me, if anyone that lives in/passing through the DC area would pick me up and drop me off.

Dougtone

I put myself down as a maybe. Too early to commit until I know what my other plans that month are (vacation, possible family commitments, etc).  I may try to make this if I can, especially since I am not anticipating on hosting any of my own meets this year (although I expect to have at least one next year).

hbelkins

Quote from: Dougtone on August 02, 2012, 06:36:09 PM
I put myself down as a maybe. Too early to commit until I know what my other plans that month are (vacation, possible family commitments, etc).  I may try to make this if I can, especially since I am not anticipating on hosting any of my own meets this year (although I expect to have at least one next year).

What happened to the New Hampshire meet that was in the talking stages? And someone had mentioned Binghamton...

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

I've updated the event page with some of the planned attractions of the meet, as seen in my OP here.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Since it now appears that Richmond and Birmingham are going to be the only two meets scheduled for this fall (or the rest of the year, for that matter), I'm going to try to attend both of them.

Would be curious to know what time you anticipate the meet ending. That would let me know if  need to plan on staying in Richmond Saturday night, or starting west and staying somewhere else (Staunton or Lexington).

74/171FAN

I might actually be home that weekend, but either way I doubt I will be able to make it due to work obligations.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

jpi

Still up in the air for me, I am already commited to Birmingham the next weekend, the key thing is funds and if I can get the Friday the 12th off.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Takumi

Quote from: hbelkins on August 27, 2012, 11:10:02 PM
Would be curious to know what time you anticipate the meet ending. That would let me know if  need to plan on staying in Richmond Saturday night, or starting west and staying somewhere else (Staunton or Lexington).

I have the ending time on the event page as 5:00, but I'm going to try to have it end earlier than that (probably 4:00ish). I haven't decided between meeting in the West End, where the Gayton Road extension and John Rolfe Parkway are, and then heading into the city, or the other way around, but I'll make a decision on that in the next couple weeks, since I should be getting another car soon and can then try both ways.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

oscar

I'm probable, assuming the possible do-over for the Ottawa meet doesn't conflict.  But no final decision for a few weeks, until I complete and recover from the really long road trip I'm on right now. 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jpi

I am now a step closer, Steph has a new work schedule that includes working only 4 hours on Friday and is off at 11am CT, so if I can get Friday off, we are in. :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Dr Frankenstein

That would be two trips to Virginia (which is kinda far; plus another possible one in NC) in three months for me, so my attendance probability is around 33% so far.

Takumi

We'll be eating at Siné Irish Pub. http://sineirishpub.com/richmond_home

I'm leaning towards lunch there, then points of interest in the city, then Short Pump as opposed to the other way around.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

74/171FAN

I am definitely out now since I got a job in Christiansburg on Friday nights so I won't be back home that weekend anyway.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

jpi

Sounds good to me, I noticed this is in a shopping district which will be good for Steph, while we are on the tour, she can check out the stores in that area if the weather is nice. We plan to stay in Lynchburg the night before.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Will someone be bringing a Send Help Sine?

Takumi

Sine's reviews on Yelp don't look promising (thanks to Steve for pointing this out), so I'm looking in the same general area for a better alternative, since I want to start the meet downtown. Sine's location is perfect since it's actually on the brick-paved section of VA 147, but there's a similar pub, Rosie Connolly's, that's located 3 blocks east and one north, and has better reviews. I want to do some scouting this weekend and next, so I'll look at other lunch options in the immediate area then as well.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.