News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The Stack (PTH-101/59) - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Started by bing101, September 22, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Chris

Winnipeg has been claimed to be the largest city in North America with no freeways, so this interchange is quite a marvel for them.

I-29 is the nearest freeway to Winnipeg, but within Canada, you would have to travel to Regina, which is a 5 or 6 hour drive west of Winnipeg. The nearest interchange of similar standards seem to be I-29/94 in Fargo, 3 hours south of Winnipeg.

DJStephens

The loop 101 highway has existed for a long time, though.   It's age can be seen in the beginning as evidenced by the narrow median and visible concrete issues visible through the asphalt overlay.  Road was there when I drove the Trans Canada highway in 1983.   

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

AsphaltPlanet

I guess it's not shocking that someone who resides in a province with almost no interchanges wouldn't be too familiar with their nomenclature.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.