News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Mid-length and moderately important

Started by thspfc, June 02, 2022, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

For Interstates, I'd say the eastern I-76 fits. Roughly average length and importance for an Interstate. Maybe I-64 though it's fairly long.

For US routes, maybe US-35 or US-151

For a WI state route, maybe WI-19

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

SkyPesos

Some diagonal interstates like I-30 and I-71.

CtrlAltDel

I-44 I think fits the bill pretty well.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Max Rockatansky

The southern segment of CA 65 serves some decently sized communities and has a moderate length.  It is too far east of CA 99 to supplement the corridor beyond being regionally limited to eastern San Joaquin Valley. 

MATraveler128

The eastern I-84 because it does a good job at bypassing metro New York
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

GaryV

hobsini2

Quote from: thspfc on June 02, 2022, 11:09:53 PM
For Interstates, I'd say the eastern I-76 fits. Roughly average length and importance for an Interstate. Maybe I-64 though it's fairly long.

For US routes, maybe US-35 or US-151

For a WI state route, maybe WI-19
Interstate - The original I-74 from Quad Cities to Cincinnati for sure.
US Hwy - US 224 from Indiana to Pennsylvania.
For a WI Hwy, I would say 19 is a strong candidate. I would also say Wis 50, Wis 21, and Wis 83.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

kphoger

Kind of hard to believe this is a real thread, thought it was a joke.  It's basically about highways that don't stand out in any way.

What about TX-130?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

thspfc

Quote from: kphoger on June 03, 2022, 11:05:25 AM
Kind of hard to believe this is a real thread, thought it was a joke.  It's basically about highways that don't stand out in any way.

What about TX-130?
I guess we're just finding the most remarkably unremarkable highways.

kphoger

There should be a thread for normal, unremarkable road signs.   :evilgrin:
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hobsini2

Quote from: kphoger on June 03, 2022, 11:26:18 AM
There should be a thread for normal, unremarkable road signs.   :evilgrin:

So no giant Yield signs on an Interstate? :)
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

adventurernumber1

Interstate 16 in Georgia. It's of moderate length (a little over 150 miles), and it doesn't have a ridiculous amount of traffic (and is mostly pretty rural), but it is important for Savannah Port traffic and other traffic heading across the state to and from the coast.

I'd also say TN 111. This is a highway that is less notable than the interstates, but serves great utility as an alternative north-south route across Middle Tennessee, as well as connecting the Chattanooga area with various municipalities farther north, including Cookeville.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

dchristy

Interstate 76 in Colorado; US 270 from Liberal, KS to White Hall, AR; Oklahoma State Highway 3 (even though some of it is in concurrence with US 270)

kphoger

Long, but not important
Quote from: Scott5114 on June 02, 2022, 09:48:32 PM
OK-3 might fit the bill. It's 600 miles long and serves several major cities, but most of that length is just tacked onto other highways. The few random independent sections aren't particularly important.

Mid-length and moderately important
Quote from: dchristy on June 04, 2022, 02:43:46 PM
Oklahoma State Highway 3 (even though some of it is in concurrence with US 270)

:fight:
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.