News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

A very, very noobish question.

Started by MarcusDoT, November 03, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusDoT

How do you add images in your forum posts?

hotdogPi

"[img] (web address of image) [/img]"
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hotdogPi

Just clarifying: Use mine if you don't want it to link to anything when clicked, and use Brandon's if you want it to link to something when clicked.
Clinched, plus MA 286

MarcusDoT

I keep getting an error in preview

hotdogPi

It seems like you're trying to use the photobucket editor for some reason.
Clinched, plus MA 286

MarcusDoT

Dr Frankenstein

I'd rather have you use Photobucket *but* link properly (I'm sure Photobucket has a "BBCode" field under its sharing options), because Facebook is blocked in many work places.

1995hoo

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on November 04, 2013, 12:23:27 AM
I'd rather have you use Photobucket *but* link properly (I'm sure Photobucket has a "BBCode" field under its sharing options), because Facebook is blocked in many work places.

It does, but they call it "IMG." Makes it quite easy. You don't even have to hit Ctrl-C because it automatically copies it when you click (or tap) in the relevant box.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Duke87

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on November 04, 2013, 12:23:27 AM

Facebook also auto-converts any image you upload into jpg format, which for posting sign illustrations and diagrams leads to unpleasant loss of image quality. This is something to watch out for in general: many free image hosting sites will rerender and compress images you upload in order to save server space and bandwidth. Most people most of the time don't notice or care but if you've made a nice high quality graphic this is bad. Be mindful and avoid sites that do this.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

sammi

As a reddit user, I actually prefer to host my images on imgur, which supports PNGs well. I actually have a few signs there myself, e.g.

Look at the URL, I think it's a lot simpler than what most other image hosts use, and there's no limit with size.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.