News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AARoads Chat

Started by Alex, November 30, 2012, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

After a long hiatus, we have restored the flashchat module on the board and the application is now live! Find the chat room here or by clicking "CHAT" on the top menu bar.

Alps

Feel free to report to any of the Admins, Mods, or State Properties if you notice bugs or adverse features with the chat. We've uncovered a few - for example, don't get your heart set on modifying your colors from one of the available themes.

Takumi

It's not safe for mobile devices.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Safe? Explain further.

Takumi

Safe was probably the wrong word choice, but it didn't work properly on my phone. It loaded, but it wouldn't let me do anything.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on November 30, 2012, 11:03:34 PM
Safe was probably the wrong word choice, but it didn't work properly on my phone. It loaded, but it wouldn't let me do anything.
It filters the letter sequence "kum". I think once we fix some of the default stupidity you'll be fine.

Takumi

I still can't type (my keyboard doesn't appear on screen) but I can click on the smileys and do everything else. It also kicks me out whenever I switch tabs, so whatever the problem is, it's definitely on my end.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

stormwatch7721

I'm having trouble getting in.

Alps

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on November 30, 2012, 11:26:21 PM
I'm having trouble getting in.
We've noticed. Can you tell us more specifically?

stormwatch7721

Well, I keep seeing a blue screen.

Alps

For those of us in the chat, it says you log in and out with great frequency in rapid succession. Alex says he's seen the blue screen before, so we're on it.

bugo

Quote from: Steve on November 30, 2012, 11:09:58 PM
It filters the letter sequence "kum". I think once we fix some of the default stupidity you'll be fine.

I guess I can't talk about where I bought gasoline last night.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 11:34:55 PM

Let me guess. QT?

bugo

Quote from: Steve on December 01, 2012, 12:02:52 AM
Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 11:34:55 PM

Let me guess. QT?

Pha pha phaaaaaaaaa!

Takumi

No issues on my laptop today. I even talked to vtk and corco briefly.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

froggie

For those of us using Apple devices (which prevents using a Flash player), what's the server and room?

vtk

Any chance we can add a "plain" and/or "roadgeeky" theme, preferrably with a dark background, and discourage people from choosing dark text colors?

By the way, the chat works on my phone*, though it takes a bit of fidgeting with resizing the entry pane first, and the options dialog doesn't fit on the screen so I have to switch to portrait mode to access the buttons that dismiss it...

(*T-Mobile G2 with Google, running Android 2.3 (I think) on HTC hardware, default browser app)
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Scott5114

We want to redo it to match the forum theme (green panel background with light green text area). We're just trying to figure out how to make a theme for it.

Part of the problem with the default theme is that the blue color works fairly badly with anything but white and a few really light colors.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dr Frankenstein

Quote from: froggie on December 09, 2012, 08:25:06 AM
For those of us using Apple devices (which prevents using a Flash player), what's the server and room?
I don't think it runs on IRC?

bugo

Can somebody add a USSR flag to the avatars?  The Chinese flag is there, and they're as bad as the Soviets were.

agentsteel53

Quote from: bugo on December 10, 2012, 02:21:55 PM
Can somebody add a USSR flag to the avatars?  The Chinese flag is there, and they're as bad as the Soviets were.

you want a Greater German Reich too, while you're at it?

quit pissing into random threads.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 10, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

you want a Greater German Reich too, while you're at it?

quit pissing into random threads.

I want a DDR flag.

Alps

Not sure if we can make custom avatars. Or if we want to. I'm sure everyone will want something different added.

NE2

Replace all the chickenshit countries with Alanland.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

vtk

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on December 10, 2012, 10:07:20 AM
Quote from: froggie on December 09, 2012, 08:25:06 AM
I don't think it runs on IRC?

There are other platforms it could be, like iChat or something. But it very well could be a closed protocol.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.