Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

I-210/CA 210 on the Foothill Freeway

(1/6) > >>

Max Rockatansky:
This past December I took a drive east on I-210 which is known as the Foothill Freeway from I-5 to CA 2.  That being the case the topic of the Foothill Freeway and the oddity of I-210/CA 210 came up finally for the blog series.  Suffice to say I-210/CA 210 is odd enough to warrant a topic by itself but doesn't even begin to touch on the history of the Foothill Freeway.  The Foothill Freeway corridor has ties back to some of the most historic highway corridors in California which include; US 99, CA 118, US 66, and even CA 30.  In the blog below I broke down the development of the Foothill Freeway corridor from 1909 First State Highway Bond Act creation of Legislative Route 9 but to the somewhat empty promise (at least up to now) of CA 30 becoming part of I-210.   

https://www.gribblenation.org/2020/02/interstate-210-and-california-state.html

The Ghostbuster:
Both CA 210 and CA 905 should have become Interstate 210 and Interstate 905 by now. Ditto for CA 15 becoming Interstate 15.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on February 07, 2020, 05:48:30 PM ---Both CA 210 and CA 905 should have become Interstate 210 and Interstate 905 by now. Ditto for CA 15 becoming Interstate 15.

--- End quote ---

If Iím not mistaken all of CA 210 is Interstate standard now.  I remember that being a hang up in the early 2000s, not pursuing the addition to I-210 with the AASHTO seems lazy at this point.

ClassicHasClass:
I think there's still an issue with the former CA 30 portion, but I don't recall exactly where.

sparker:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on February 07, 2020, 11:40:39 PM ---I think there's still an issue with the former CA 30 portion, but I don't recall exactly where.

--- End quote ---

On the bermed portion of the freeway from east of the Waterman Ave. (CA 18) interchange to just east of the Highland Ave. (former Business 30) there are several bridges with no shoulders (constructed ca. 1967); the trenched section to the west has substandard inner shoulders from the CA 259 merge to near Highland.  The 1992-opened sections from Highland to I-10 in Redlands and between 259 and I-215 are both full interstate standard, as is the 2007 section west to Fontana.  The bridges could conceivably get waivers, but it's likely the shoulders will have to be widened before that section is acceptable as an Interstate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version