The Gordie Howe Bridge is rising

Started by brianreynolds, March 21, 2022, 10:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianreynolds

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2022/03/20/gordie-howe-bridge-taking-shape/7072429001/

I am still hoping to put together an International Meet to view the Gordie Howe bridge while under construction (summer 2023) and another when traffic is open (2024?  2025?).

cbeach40

Scheduled completion is 2024, though not more specific than that so may make sense to plan a meet for later.

In terms of a during construction meet, depends on what you're wanting to see and showcase. At this point the perimeter roads and some ancillary bridges are done, and the main approach bridge on the Canadian side (we had to rush on that one to fit the staging for the GHIB). On the US side, the I-75 interchange ramps aren't really there yet. Port of Entry is under construction for both, though they don't really look like much of anything right now. Towers are about 2/3 of their final height.

It's a sprawling project but incredibly interesting.

I had planned a meet on the Canadian side, just was waiting for some things to progress a bit further before doing so. Have you much familiarity with Windsor-Essex? Be happy to work something out there.
and waterrrrrrr!

andrepoiy

Oh I would be interested in joining

brianreynolds

Quote from: cbeach40 on March 24, 2022, 01:49:34 PM
Scheduled completion is 2024, though not more specific than that so may make sense to plan a meet for later.

In terms of a during construction meet, depends on what you're wanting to see and showcase. At this point the perimeter roads and some ancillary bridges are done, and the main approach bridge on the Canadian side (we had to rush on that one to fit the staging for the GHIB). On the US side, the I-75 interchange ramps aren't really there yet. Port of Entry is under construction for both, though they don't really look like much of anything right now. Towers are about 2/3 of their final height.

It's a sprawling project but incredibly interesting.

I had planned a meet on the Canadian side, just was waiting for some things to progress a bit further before doing so. Have you much familiarity with Windsor-Essex? Be happy to work something out there.

I would enjoy and appreciate a co-sponsor/partner from the Canadian side.  I am not very familiar with Windsor/Essex.  In the late 1960s-early 70s I knew my way around.   That's a long time ago.  For an International Meet" I was thinking of timing it to coincide with the "Freedom Festival" that includes Canada Day and Independence Day.  Your thoughts

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.