News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Dallas TX Road Meet?

Started by Max B. (FreewayTitan), September 06, 2011, 09:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

Kind of like the Austin meet I posted earlier last month, I'm testing the waters for a Dallas meet in early 2012, possibly in March or April. If anybody is interested, here are some ideas:

- Construction of the Woodall Rodgers Freeway just west of Downtown
- Tour of the High Five
- 'The Curve' on US-175
- Revamped I-30 in Arlington

Ideas are MORE than welcome as this is still in the preliminary stages. Any feedback would be great!
Quite possibly AARoads youngest poster. But I don't let that get in my way.

Scott5114

It's close enough to me that I'd certainly have to try to make it!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Janko Dialnice

I really would like to attend such a meet, but I fear Texas is a tad but too far for me.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

txstateends

They're working on the TX 114 and TX 121 freeways on the north side of DFW Airport, and the I-635 work has started in north Dallas, also the deck park work continues in downtown Dallas over Woodall Rodgers Freeway.  I think I heard something about new ramp interchange connectors now being put in at I-20/TX 161 in Grand Prairie as well.  Oh, and work has started for the interchange on Chisholm Trail Pkwy. (the TX 121 tolled extension in SW (and south of) Fort Worth) where it crosses at I-20/TX 183.  They're still working on the interchange ramps at Dallas N. Tollway/TX 121-Sam Rayburn Tollway.  I think they're done with the redo of US 75/TX 121's interchange in McKinney.  Those might be more than what can be taken in in a day, though  ;-)  I'd be interested, not sure what my car situation will be by then (I'm without at the moment).
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

corco

Definitely conceivable. Nail the date down and I'll let you know.

txstateends

Quote from: txstateends on September 14, 2011, 03:59:43 AM
They're working on the TX 114 and TX 121 freeways on the north side of DFW Airport, and the I-635 work has started in north Dallas, also the deck park work continues in downtown Dallas over Woodall Rodgers Freeway.  I think I heard something about new ramp interchange connectors now being put in at I-20/TX 161 in Grand Prairie as well.  Oh, and work has started for the interchange on Chisholm Trail Pkwy. (the TX 121 tolled extension in SW (and south of) Fort Worth) where it crosses at I-20/TX 183.  They're still working on the interchange ramps at Dallas N. Tollway/TX 121-Sam Rayburn Tollway.  I think they're done with the redo of US 75/TX 121's interchange in McKinney.  Those might be more than what can be taken in in a day, though  ;-)  I'd be interested, not sure what my car situation will be by then (I'm without at the moment).

I was reminded of another ongoing project before I left work this morning: the Bush Turnpike east extension between TX 78 and I-30.  A new interchange at I-30 is being built also for the turnpike.  It's a lot busier around DFW than I realized :D
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.