News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Triangle Expressway (NC 147) 5K - Sunday, November 20th

Started by CanesFan27, September 08, 2011, 01:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

i'm just throwing this out there:

The first phase of the Triangle Expressway is scheduled to open in December - and it appears that they are going to have a PA Turnpike like community day (or at least a 5k and fun run) on the at that time un-opened road.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/09/08/1469097/free-parkway-preview.html

No details on the community day has been made public yet.  But depending on when it is announced and the time - maybe a pseudo-meet (at least Triangle oriented) that day.

Of note: The Hurricanes do have a 5 pm home game that afternoon vs. Toronto.  We are season ticket holders so we could throw in tailgating on the knoll and the hockey game afterwards.

Alps

PAHighways

CanesFan27

Steve,

You could finally get the elusive free t-shirt fired from the air cannon that the lighting guy in the catwalk took what was rightfully yours. :-p

Plus, you haven't had the chance to tailgate at a game yet.

CanesFan27

Note: I changed the topic to Sunday, November 20th.

froggie

Looks like they announced the date. Did they announce the time for the run?

NJRoadfan

NJRoadfan

OracleUsr

I wish it weren't on Sunday, but I might go.  In fact, I'll be going through there four days later (yes, Thanksgiving morning) to fly out to KC.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

froggie

I'd like to also, but on a Sunday afternoon, with a 5 hour drive back and duty the next morning, I'll have to pass.

hbelkins

$20 or $30 just to walk on it? Fornicate that.

I can see paying the entry fee if you plan to compete in the race, but the site seems to indicate the fee is applicable to all, even those who want to participate in the "family walk."

If the otherwise is true, that'd be nice to know.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

CanesFan27

Oh well, it's not the type of \"open house" that the Pa Turnpike has had over the years.

HB,

All proceeds from the Triangle Expressway Trot will benefit Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), our official partner of the race. 

Considering that most probably wouldn't run the race and even more wouldn't pay just to be part of the event, if anyone does participate just let me know.  There will not be a 'formal' meet/gathering. 

hbelkins

I saw that the proceeds benefit MADD, which is a worthwhile cause, but it seems a bit over-the-top to me to charge such a fee for the pleasure walkers as well as the competitive runners.

Given the fact that it's a Sunday, I likely wouldn't have come, and I'm obviously not a runner  :-D but I might have been interested in walking it if it had been done in a fashion similar to what Pennsylvania's done in the past.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.