Mini Montreal meet - Sat May 5

Started by AsphaltPlanet, May 02, 2012, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsphaltPlanet

It was a good mini-meet.  Very low-key but that's OK.  It was deanj's first time to the city, so we toured the A-720 from end to end, crossed the Saint Lawrence from downtown via the Cartier Bridge (the oldest dedicated vehicle bridge), then headed back across the river, this time underneath of it, along A-25 following it into Laval onto the 440.  Clinched the 440, up north along the 13, (the old blue sign for Autoroute 13 still stands), and then headed west along Autoroute 640 until its end.  We then backtracked along 13 and 40 to the A-30 construction site for a few pictures of the new Saint Lawrence crossing.  Then it was back to the mall through Dorion along the 20.  We lucked out with great weather.  Montreal is a beautiful city.

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

vdeane

On Ottawa, memorial day weekend could work, but my family also gets together for memorial day, so I'd have to squeeze it in.

June may or may not be good; I have grand jury duty in Rochester that month, though.  July I'm pretty busy with Honors summer research day trips (ironically, one is to Ottawa).

August I'll be home some weeks and at Clarkson others, so it depends on the week.

September works very well for me though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

yanksfan6129

September is not good because I'm in Washington. Virtually any time between June 13 and August 31 is good for me.

vdeane

I just got my jury duty rescheduled, so June is good except for the weekend of my family picnic (currently unscheduled).

Customs will be interesting though, due to a personal issue a few here are aware of, depending on the state of me updating some documentation when the meet happens.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.