News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Wisconsin notes

Started by mgk920, May 30, 2012, 02:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplemultiplex

Man, if one of us had a job at some company that makes or installs signs, this kind of shit would never happen.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

The Ghostbuster

I saw STH-18 signs along the Beltline during a construction project, and I once saw STH-51 reassurance markers along the side of Stoughton Rd. And I know there was once  a sign along US 12/STH-16 at CTH-A west of Wisconsin Dells, that still showed both highways as US 12/US 16. It appears to be gone now.

gr8daynegb

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 21, 2019, 02:48:37 PM
I saw STH-18 signs along the Beltline during a construction project, and I once saw STH-51 reassurance markers along the side of Stoughton Rd. And I know there was once  a sign along US 12/STH-16 at CTH-A west of Wisconsin Dells, that still showed both highways as US 12/US 16. It appears to be gone now.

Fairly sure by Florence Wisconsin were CTH-N reaches US-2/US-141 the sign that tells you both left and right turns is the highway has sign as US-2/US-41........what's missing by 100 here or there  :hmmm:
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

mgk920

Quote from: gr8daynegb on October 21, 2019, 06:44:54 PM

Fairly sure by Florence Wisconsin were CTH-N reaches US-2/US-141 the sign that tells you both left and right turns is the highway has sign as US-2/US-41........what's missing by 100 here or there  :hmmm:

As of September, 2015, that sign is correct:

https://goo.gl/maps/9nD2bfFtVvqAA6ua9

Mike

gr8daynegb

Quote from: mgk920 on October 22, 2019, 12:26:31 PM
Quote from: gr8daynegb on October 21, 2019, 06:44:54 PM

As of September, 2015, that sign is correct:

https://goo.gl/maps/9nD2bfFtVvqAA6ua9

Mike

I'll have to take a picture to post here.  My wife and I go to Ontonagon, MI every other month and come up to the intersection.  The sign currently up is US-2/US-41..........So some point between that image and current date the sign was changed/replaced.  Last visit was about 2 months ago, quoting what was there when we passed this point.
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

SEWIGuy

Up in Florence right now. Can confirm the US-2/41 sign error. Will try to get a picture tomorrow.

mgk920

https://fox11online.com/news/local/state-highway-117-now-open

This is the former Chicago and Northwestern Railroad Green Bay-Wausau, WI line, now the Mountain Bay State Trail, bridge over WI 117 in Bonduel, WI, hit by an overheight truck on 2019-10-22.

https://binged.it/2N1IGdO

Mike

Crash_It

Quote from: JoePCool14 on September 18, 2019, 08:50:05 AM
As an Illinoisan, I'm very sorry that the dreaded cameras may be migrating north. Especially for speed limit enforcement, that sounds awful.

So then drive the speed limit and you will never have to worry about a speed camera. I support them because they cut down on tailgating a**holes.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Crash_It on November 07, 2019, 11:27:51 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on September 18, 2019, 08:50:05 AM
As an Illinoisan, I'm very sorry that the dreaded cameras may be migrating north. Especially for speed limit enforcement, that sounds awful.

So then drive the speed limit and you will never have to worry about a speed camera. I support them because they cut down on tailgating a**holes.
like hell they do.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

The Ghostbuster

I wonder if the proposed Stage 3 improvements of Verona Rd. will be constructed at some point? Info: https://projects.511wi.gov/veronard/wp-content/uploads/sites/143/map-altstage3.pdf.

thspfc

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 08, 2019, 06:48:27 PM
I wonder if the proposed Stage 3 improvements of Verona Rd. will be constructed at some point? Info: https://projects.511wi.gov/veronard/wp-content/uploads/sites/143/map-altstage3.pdf.
I don't care if it takes a half hour to get from the beltline to Verona, I just want to see with my very eyes a Verona Road that is not under construction. I can't remember such a time.

dvferyance

Well it's still not going to be a direct freeway to freeway connection but no question a major improvement form what it was before. At least you will only have 2 traffic lights now instead 5.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: dvferyance on November 09, 2019, 09:58:37 PM
Well it's still not going to be a direct freeway to freeway connection but no question a major improvement form what it was before. At least you will only have 2 traffic lights now instead 5.

You are the one who complains that WIDOT doesn't listen enough to local input, in cases like the west Waukesha bypass and roundabounts as examples, yet it was pretty clear that the locals didn't want the direct freeway to freeway option.

dvferyance

Quote from: SEWIGuy on November 11, 2019, 09:02:58 AM
Quote from: dvferyance on November 09, 2019, 09:58:37 PM

You are the one who complains that WIDOT doesn't listen enough to local input, in cases like the west Waukesha bypass and roundabounts as examples, yet it was pretty clear that the locals didn't want the direct freeway to freeway option.
I am not complaining sure I would have liked the freeway to freeway connection I am looking on the bright side as to what we did get and that while not perfect is still better. And yes I still believe the general public should be able to have a say in this after all it's our tax dollars that is being spent. I am surprised at how many on this forum disagree with that but oh well. I am actually starting to warm up to the west Waukesha bypass I would have preferred if I-94 had been widened first but I think this new bypass is going to work out ok.

peterj920

Is WISDOT done using wood for their signs? I'm noticing that all new signs are now metal with reinforced brackets on the back of longer signs to prevent them from bending.

Mdcastle

If anyone remembers the low pressure sodium vapor lights on the La Crosse Big Blue Bridge, they've now been replaced with LEDs, and the old ones were bought by me... Notice the light blue paint spray on some of them.

thspfc

Quote from: Mdcastle on November 18, 2019, 02:08:03 PM
If anyone remembers the low pressure sodium vapor lights on the La Crosse Big Blue Bridge, they've now been replaced with LEDs, and the old ones were bought by me... Notice the light blue paint spray on some of them.

That's really cool. Did you get them at auction?

Mdcastle

Yes, some lighting collectors tipped me off and I got nominated to do the pickup since I was the only one remotely close. I might eventually scrap what i can't sell, but a lot of these are heading to new homes.

MKEDavenH

Some maybe exciting news re: the Waukesha Bypass and US-18. The BGSs at I-94 Exit 291 have been updated to "WIS-318 / CTH-G / To US-18"  (removing CTH-TT), and they've added separate "Waukesha Bypass / Exit 291"  green advisory signs. I didn't get to explore, but that in and of itself is cool IMO.

(Edited: Yes, 318, not 341. Need more coffee. Or sleep.)

Big John

^^ So they moved WI 341 from Miller Park Way?

SSOWorld

Quote from: MKEDavenH on November 24, 2019, 02:55:57 PM
Some maybe exciting news re: the Waukesha Bypass and US-18. The BGSs at I-94 Exit 291 have been updated to "WIS-341 / CTH-G / To US-18"  (removing CTH-TT), and they've added separate "Waukesha Bypass / Exit 291"  green advisory signs. I didn't get to explore, but that in and of itself is cool IMO.
Don't you mean WIS-318?

They removed the hidden 341 from Miller Park Way when 41 was shifted and 175 was drawn down to it
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

mgk920

Quote from: SSOWorld on November 24, 2019, 08:42:15 PM
Some maybe exciting news re: the Waukesha Bypass and US-18. The BGSs at I-94 Exit 291 have been updated to "WIS-341 / CTH-G / To US-18"  (removing CTH-TT), and they've added separate "Waukesha Bypass / Exit 291"  green advisory signs. I didn't get to explore, but that in and of itself is cool IMO.
Don't you mean WIS-318?

They removed the hidden 341 from Miller Park Way when 41 was shifted and 175 was drawn down to it

So then Miller Park Way, at least north of National Ave (WI 59), now fully WI 175?

Also, is that WI 341 sign still there on that Miller Park access road east of the stadium?

Mike

SEWIGuy

Quote from: mgk920 on November 25, 2019, 12:27:32 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on November 24, 2019, 08:42:15 PM
Don't you mean WIS-318?

So then Miller Park Way, at least north of National Ave (WI 59), now fully WI 175?

Also, is that WI 341 sign still there on that Miller Park access road east of the stadium?

Mike

Yes WI-175 is signed to WI-59.  No that WI-341 shield is gone.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.