News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

June 25, 2022 SE Chicago/NW Indiana Road Meet

Started by Brandon, November 09, 2021, 01:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 08, 2022, 01:19:02 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 07, 2022, 01:10:28 AM
Quote from: kphoger on May 06, 2022, 10:20:44 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on May 06, 2022, 09:57:03 PM
There's a remote chance I could be there, but only if poo.

That would be cool.

Does it bip?

His poo does not bip.

I think poo actually pibs, not bips. Any truth to the rumor that "pib" is an acronym for "poo is brown?"

Seriously, Tim could probably swing attendance by hopping on the Cardinal at Union Station in the wee hours and riding the rails to Chi-town.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: hbelkins on May 09, 2022, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 08, 2022, 01:19:02 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 07, 2022, 01:10:28 AM
Quote from: kphoger on May 06, 2022, 10:20:44 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on May 06, 2022, 09:57:03 PM
There's a remote chance I could be there, but only if poo.

That would be cool.

Does it bip?

His poo does not bip.

I think poo actually pibs, not bips. Any truth to the rumor that "pib" is an acronym for "poo is brown?"

Absolutely delicious!
-A.J. from Michigan

okroads

It's looking like I will be in Columbus a couple days before this meet, which will put me somewhat closer to Chicago than I usually am these days. I may be able to go if a couple other things work out. Still a slim chance at this point, but hopefully a better chance for me to attend this one than any other meets so far this year.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Brandon on May 06, 2022, 11:27:57 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on May 06, 2022, 07:30:12 AM
I'm going to see Billy Joel in South Bend that evening. Not sure what time we're heading over that way yet, so I may have to miss some or all of this.

We should be done no later than about 5 pm or so.

Dinner in SB at 6pm, which is 5 our time, so I'm gonna have to cut out at 2:30 or 3:00 at the latest.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

bandit957

I'm going. I have everything booked!

Only 40 days until the roadmeet to end all roadmeets!
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Brandon

Quote from: bandit957 on May 16, 2022, 11:51:12 AM

I didn't realize I was hosting a meet in St Louis.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Brandon on May 16, 2022, 01:56:52 PM

It's the "Great Replacement Theory," roadgeek version.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jpi

Quote from: Brandon on May 16, 2022, 01:56:52 PM

LOL!!!!!  :-D
As for me, since I am going to Iowa City meet this weekend this is still 50/50 for me
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Highway63

Is there a Friday pre-meet or Saturday post-meet meal planned? I understand that decision is usually made on-the-fly after the meet is over. But I thought I'd ask since it might affect my plans.

(I'm also holding out a tiny hope the Dan Ryan and Kennedy are not parking lots on a Saturday night, but LOL.)

Brandon

Quote from: Highway63 on June 12, 2022, 04:04:48 PM
Is there a Friday pre-meet or Saturday post-meet meal planned? I understand that decision is usually made on-the-fly after the meet is over. But I thought I'd ask since it might affect my plans.

(I'm also holding out a tiny hope the Dan Ryan and Kennedy are not parking lots on a Saturday night, but LOL.)

There's no Friday pre-meet planned; however, I figure we can play it by ear for dinner after the meet on Saturday.

Fortunately, the Kennedy and Ryan are not parking lots on Saturday evenings, except for a slowdown going through the Byrne Circle.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

74/171FAN

I would be better for me to do any sort of post-meet dinner in Indiana, but I may not attend anyway since I am planning to drive to Lexington, KY, after the meet.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

jpi

Sorry guys I am now officially out, got mandatory OT that Saturday, hope you all have fun, I will be there in spirit
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

bandit957

We should all try to coordinate and make sure we all know what motel or transit station each person is using. I'm booked at the Ramada Inn in Hammond, which is right near the Greyhound stop. It's possible something could happen that could cause me not to attend, but at this point, I am planning on attending.

Brandon

The tour route is attached. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f2wSh68jlB5hf3S2f5YJSVdP1sLjSFAW7CP73ZxXWg4/edit?usp=sharing

The beach and park there has a concession stand for anyone who doesn't want to bring a lunch from somewhere else.  They sell Vienna Beef hot dogs and tacos from what I can tell.

The meet time is 12 noon, and I figure we'll be underway on the tour about 1 pm.

NWI_Irish96

I originally thought I'd be able to join for the first 2-3 hours of this but it turns out our pre-Billy Joel plans have expanded so I'm heading over to South Bend much earlier in the day. A little bummed as this would have been my first time meeting any fellow board mates in person.

Hopefully it's not too long until the next one.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

74/171FAN

I think I may have already got a bingo on my bingo card from my brief Chicago driving today...
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

A.J. Bertin

Thanks, Brandon, for hosting a fun meet!  I enjoyed it very much.
-A.J. from Michigan

bandit957

I was there, and it was cool!

Somebody even ripped a silent-but-deadly bunker blast when I was at the Indianapolis bus station on the way up. Someone ripped a loud-and-proud in the motel lobby. And someone cracked another audible roo at the Louisville bus station on the way home.

hbelkins

Quote from: bandit957 on June 27, 2022, 05:28:53 PM
I was there, and it was cool!

Somebody even ripped a silent-but-deadly bunker blast when I was at the Indianapolis bus station on the way up. Someone ripped a loud-and-proud in the motel lobby. And someone cracked another audible roo at the Louisville bus station on the way home.

There's no direct Grayhound connection between Cincy and Indy? You have to go through Louisville? That makes no sense.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on June 28, 2022, 12:43:14 PMThere's no direct Grayhound connection between Cincy and Indy?

There was a few years ago, but I don't think there is anymore. If there is, it must have been sold out or something.

They sent me through Columbus on the way over.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.