News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Turnarounds on freeways

Started by hotdogPi, April 07, 2021, 03:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vdeane

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on April 08, 2021, 03:19:13 PM
Related question: what happens if you use the New Baltimore Travel Plaza on the New York State Thruway ... to make a U-turn?
Good luck with that.  Given the bollards and this, I'm guessing people have tried.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

1995hoo

Quote from: vdeane on April 08, 2021, 08:33:06 PM
Related question: what happens if you use the New Baltimore Travel Plaza on the New York State Thruway ... to make a U-turn?
Good luck with that.  Given the bollards and this, I'm guessing people have tried.

Note also the nice fence to prevent people from driving across the grass.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

HighwayStar

Nothing a full size pickup with a push bar can't handle.
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

Scott5114

Quote from: HighwayStar on April 08, 2021, 09:46:31 PM

Nothing a full size pickup with a push bar can't handle.

Good way to get pulled over and billed by the DOT for property damage.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Revive 755

The 1970's imagery on Historic Aerials has one on at the eastern end of the interchange with US 40/US 61 between what was then the EB lanes of I-70 (now the SB US 61 entrance ramp) to WB I-70.  Looks like there was also one at the western end of that interchange on I-70, but it almost looks like a full crossover to a driveway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.