News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

"We're gonna poop our pants tonight..." (old McDonald's ad)

Started by bandit957, June 19, 2021, 10:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else remember this?

Back around 1982, there was a commercial for McDonald's that had people singing things like, "We're gonna ride our bikes tonight..." So we made a parody of it that went, "We're gonna poop our pants tonight...We're gonna get in fights tonight..."

Did anyone else make a parody of this ad?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

lepidopteran

The only parody I remember is from the late-60s slogan, "McDonald's is your kind of place."
(Sung to the tune of "Down by the Riverside")

McDonald's is your kind of place,
They serve you rattlesnakes,
French Fries between your toes,
Hamburgers up your nose,
And won't you try our chocolate shakes,
Made from polluted lakes,
McDonald's is your kind of place!

Many, many variations.

Max Rockatansky

I thought the Spicy McNuggets might be enough to cause a titular incident but they turned out more bland than anticipated. 

Also, rattlesnake is actually pretty decent.  I wouldn't knock it until you try it. 

sprjus4

zachary_amaryllis

clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

1995hoo

I've visited plenty of McDonald's whose restroom hand dryers say, "Push butt. Rub hands gently under arm. Tops all." But none of that is unique to McDonald's. It stopped being funny in the 1970s and I'm not sure why people still think it's funny today.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Takumi

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 20, 2021, 10:46:30 PM
I've visited plenty of McDonald's whose restroom hand dryers say, "Push butt. Rub hands gently under arm. Tops all." But none of that is unique to McDonald's. It stopped being funny in the 1970s and I'm not sure why people still think it's funny today.

Probably mostly children doing it. When I was kid the local one had a variant that said "rub hands gently under arm hair"  with an H drawn on it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

ethanhopkin14

I first read the thread title and thought it was the actual jingle.  Would work great for Taco Bell.

1995hoo

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on June 21, 2021, 09:49:12 AM
I first read the thread title and thought it was the actual jingle.  Would work great for Taco Bell.

They hinted at that when they used "Good to go!" as their slogan for a time.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Roadgeekteen

I thought for a second that you meant that Mcdonalds was using poop in their ads and got quite confused.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

wanderer2575

Going off topic, I'm surprised at the "Enjoy the Go" and "Charmin-Clean" slogans of the current Charmin TV ad campaign.  That's the closest any "bathroom tissue" manufacturer has come to saying exactly what its product is intended for.

SectorZ

Bandit, how have you overlooked Dunkin' [Donuts] "America Runs on Dunkin" and "Dunkin' Go2s" from the necessary ribbing they deserve?

bandit957

Quote from: SectorZ on June 22, 2021, 07:39:53 PM
Bandit, how have you overlooked Dunkin' [Donuts] "America Runs on Dunkin" and "Dunkin' Go2s" from the necessary ribbing they deserve?

I remember "It's worth the bip."
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

CapeCodder

Quote from: SectorZ on June 22, 2021, 07:39:53 PM

America runs on cheap coffee and limp donuts

Ned Weasel

"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.