News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Saw my third car fire in the last month

Started by Flint1979, July 05, 2021, 10:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

As someone who drives about 5,000 miles a month I put a lot of miles on and see things that I probably wouldn't see if I just stuck around home and didn't go anywhere. Just thought of how many vehicles I've seen on fire in the last month. I saw one on I-475 in Flint about two weeks ago and saw one on I-75 in Ohio about three weeks ago. Then tonight I got up close and personal with this one as I was sitting at the light at Tittabawassee and Bay Road aka M-84 (a very busy intersection on the Saginaw/Kochville Township line) I noticed the car two lanes over from me had smoke coming out of it's hood and then the light turned green but I stayed there and his car started bursting into flames I called 911 as soon as I saw flames and about ten of us got out of our cars and got the driver out of the car before his entire engine was a ball of fire. The cops got there within a minute of the call going out and the fire department got there about three minutes later as both Saginaw Township and Kochville Township responded.

Rothman

I drove down I-81 and I-77 last week.  The number of broken down cars was staggering (heat, I believe, but none were on fire).

Only saw one semi driving around with a blown tire (standard practice is that with a single blown tire, you keep going), but lots of shreds were out on the pavement.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

PastTense

index

This is why I keep a small A/B/C fire extinguisher in the back of my trunk. You'll never know when you might need it and you could very well be the only person with one for a while.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Dirt Roads

Over the weekend, we had a car carrier catch fire on I-85 in Durham.  WRAL posted a video where the cameraman got a bit too close.  But the firefighters didn't hardly flinch when that gas tank exploded.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.