News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I just found this forum... AWESOME!

Started by shadyjay, November 03, 2009, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadyjay

Hey fellow road enthusiasts...
I just found this forum a couple weeks ago and finally decided to join.  I had an idea for a forum like this a couple of years ago when I was running my popular site "New England Turnpikes".  I'm glad I found this one - lots to talk about and share in the road community. 

Since some of you probably know who I am or remember my site, I'll provide a brief background.  I started New England Turnpikes around 2000 and it hit the high point around 2004 when I was traveling all over the Northeast doing surveying.  It expanded to cover New York and New Jersey, but after I moved to Vermont late in 2005, I became unable to keep the exist listings up to date.  I kept the Vermont listings online for another year or so, finally pulling the plug in 2007, deleting the listings in the process.  I moved back to Connecticut in the spring of 2009 and was able to find the full exit listing files stored on a backup hard drive.  I've since fully updated those listings, but have yet to put them back online.  In some aspects, a lot has changed since my last updates.  I will probably return the listings to the web this winter, as I have to find a site to host them again.  I'll be concentrating on New England and eastern New York.   If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to here them!

Great to be back and joining the online forums. 

Jay Hogan
aka shadyjay

Alex

Welcome to the board Jay!

I used your New England Turnpikes pages a lot when they were online. Glad to hear that you may be bringing them back online.

Hellfighter

mightyace

Quote from: shadyjay on November 03, 2009, 01:49:29 PM
Since some of you probably know who I am or remember my site, I'll provide a brief background.  I started New England Turnpikes around 2000 ... I'll be concentrating on New England and eastern New York.   If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to here them!

Great to be back and joining the online forums. 

Jay Hogan
aka shadyjay

Welcome!

And, since I missed it the first time out, I look forward to the revival of you New England Turnpikes site.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

kurumi

I'm glad to hear the "NET" is coming back. Long live fictional CT 11 to East Hartford!
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

shadyjay

Mock listings are getting a complete overhaul...  CT 11 will still go to East Hartford... can't decide what to do with I-84 yet, and whether or not the Connecticut Turnpike will reach Providence, or whether to do mile-based or sequential exits.  I-91 will get 2 additional miles, been working on the new I-91/Turnpike/CT 10 interchange in New Haven.  Also playing around with I-89 running from Albany, NY area, over to Bennington VT then up to Burlington.  It's all an adventure.   I'll keep you all informed as to the progress. 

In the meantime, back to reality:  2 lanes on the turnpike, CT 11 ending in the middle of nowhere, and my favorite... CT 9 with traffic lights. 

froggie

No more Brattleboro, huh...

Guess that makes me the sole Vermont-connected roadgeek... :hmm:

shadyjay

Brattleboro too far south... I was in Waterbury.  Returning though for the winter, will be residing in Warren.  After the winter, who knows where I'll end up. 

froggie

Sorry...mistook you for someone else who's in Brattleboro.

shadyjay

no biggie... you had the state right, at least!  funny that from where i am in ct to where i will live this winter, brattleboro is not even the halfway point.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.