AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Canada to reopen borders to nonessential travel- first to Americans  (Read 19581 times)

kkt

• Last Login: Today at 03:55:03 PM
Re: Canada to reopen borders to nonessential travel- first to Americans
« Reply #325 on: November 24, 2021, 10:28:30 PM »

Alright, trip report. I took a day trip to Ontario today from Buffalo. I have NEXUS, so my experience likely differs from most of yours, but it was surprisingly close to normal. Both of my crossings were at the Peace Bridge.

Entering Canada: very little traffic entering Canada at 9:30 AM, which was unsurprising. Decent amount of cars entering the US. 2 NEXUS lanes and 1 general purpose car lane were open entering Canada. GP lane had a few cars, NEXUS lanes were both empty. My card wouldn't scan at the reader before the booth, but that didn't cause any issues. Handed NEXUS card, CDC card, ArriveCAN receipt, and PCR test results from Monday over to the officer. Got the standard series of questions [where, any weapons], he confirmed that I was just staying for the day, got my paperwork back, and was through in less than a minute. CBSA officer was not wearing a mask, which surprised me.

Entering the US: business as usual, except VMSes on the bridge entering the US said "masks required at booths" and CBP was wearing masks. 1 NEXUS lane and 2 general purpose car lanes entering the US. Trucks entering Canada were backed up onto I-190 with the reversible lane accommodating cars to Canada at about 3:15 PM.

Overall, the process was far easier than I expected. Basically make sure all of your paperwork is in order, submit a reasonable place you could quarantine in Canada even if just taking a day trip, and it'll be a breeze.

Thanks for the trip report :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.