News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

"Carmageddon Lite" on I-405 at the Sepulveda Pass

Started by cpzilliacus, March 01, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

KNX-1070: HOV Project To Reduce 405 Freeway To Two Lanes

QuoteLOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) – It's not quite "Carmageddon" , but another closure is coming to the Sepulveda Pass this weekend.

QuoteThe closure is part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project that will pave the future High-Occupancy Vehicle lane (HOV) and realign the freeway section to incorporate a future northbound HOV Lane.

QuoteLane reductions between the 2.4-mile stretch from Montana Avenue off-ramp and the Getty Center off-ramp in West Los Angeles will be in effect for 55 hours. Northbound lanes will be closed from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, 2:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, and midnight to 5:00 a.m. on Monday.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Lytton

How come they couldn't add a HOV lane on I-5 between Firestone Boulevard and US 101? Traffic is really bad there on that segment.
Fuck GPS. I rather use my brain and common sense.

sdmichael

I-5 will get its upgrade. It is already in progress - starting with the Firestone and Carmenita interchanges.

hm insulators

That section of I-5 needed upgrading forty years ago!
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

agentsteel53

Quote from: sdmichael on March 23, 2013, 01:57:04 PM
I-5 will get its upgrade. It is already in progress - starting with the Firestone and Carmenita interchanges.

I'm guessing they're going steadily north?  I believe it's just north of the Orange County line where I-5 opens up to 10 lanes.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

DTComposer

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 26, 2013, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: sdmichael on March 23, 2013, 01:57:04 PM

I'm guessing they're going steadily north?  I believe it's just north of the Orange County line where I-5 opens up to 10 lanes.

If I remember correctly, OCTA was able to contribute some of the funding to get their section of I-5 upgraded - the same way they were able to get CA-22 and CA-91 in Orange County widened.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.