News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:00:55 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on May 03, 2024, 10:09:23 PMDon't get me started on the government of Canada making it law, which means that in the case of Facebook where they block links to Canadian media, fake news spread much more easily.
Not just Canadian media.  Browsing Northeast Roads is quite surreal when half the posts get "news is forbidden in Canada" or whatever the exact phrasing is.  There's one post where I only know what it's about because Scott Kozel's rant comment on the post included sufficient detail to figure out what was going on.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: elsmere241 on Today at 06:28:53 PMWhen your wife buys lunch at a museum cafeteria, and doesn't notice the prices, and gets shocked by the total.

I wish I had "doesn't have to read the prices" money.
Traffic Control / Re: Most absurd VMS messages
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 08:54:17 PM
Quote from: on_wisconsin on Today at 08:46:43 PMFrom WisDOT for May the 4th: "SPEEDING LEADS TO THE DARK SIDE OBEY SPEED LIMITS"
Call me Darth Vader the way I'm following the flow of traffic.
Traffic Control / Re: Most absurd VMS messages
Last post by on_wisconsin - Today at 08:46:43 PM
From WisDOT for May the 4th: "SPEEDING LEADS TO THE DARK SIDE OBEY SPEED LIMITS"
General Highway Talk / Re: "Highways" that are actual...
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 08:36:42 PM
Quote from: ElishaGOtis on Today at 07:59:34 PMunless you count I-4 Olympic Fwy in GTA
GTA V is California-based, and I-4, based on I-10, very much is a freeway.
Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by davewiecking - Today at 08:34:14 PM
Quote from: shadyjay on Today at 06:29:39 PMThis was posted today...a  live feed of the demo/reopening progress:

https://share.earthcam.net/CTDOTNorwalkBridge/i-95_bridge/camera/live

Traffic is moving in what appears to be the eastbound direction. Other side still has a few more hours of cleanup and road striping I'd say.
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: sprjus4 on Today at 07:30:34 PMIs the speed limit on that entire route only 50 mph?
Wasn't paying attention. However people in Florida like anywhere else, don't look for those signs and do whatever.

I was in the exclusive express lane on nearby I-275 doing 70 where I saw it was 60. Some guy behind me was outraged and when I passed the Gateway Expressway on ramp as he then misused the acceleration lane for a passing lane to pass me as if 70 mph was a school zone speed limit and I was too slow.
Northeast / Re: NYC Roads
Last post by SignBridge - Today at 08:14:29 PM
Mr. Rothman, what time of day did you drive in Manhattan? Maybe 7am on a Sunday morning?
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 08:08:46 PM
Quote from: Alex4897 on April 29, 2024, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 29, 2024, 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: epzik8 on April 29, 2024, 08:23:02 AMIt looks like Delaware has a color detour system for the 896 interchange project in the style of Pennsylvania's.

The detour requiring turning around at the Biden Welcome Center is much more interesting IMO.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 29, 2023, 01:37:20 PM(https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219228995036191&set=a.10219229104798935)

The detour doesn't go through the welcome center, it goes up to DE 273 and turns around using the loops at that interchange.

Regardless, I went through there on Sunday and didn't even pay attention to the signs around the welcome center and 273.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.