News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Anyone else having site problems?

Started by US71, March 28, 2009, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I can't get the preview function to work nor the "quote" function when writing a reply.  Anyone else having problems?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

yanksfan6129

Quote isn't working for me either.

Preview (now that I've just checked :-) ) Is working.

yanksfan6129

mightyace

Quote isn't working for me, either.

Preview works in the quick reply section but not otherwise.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

un1

Quotes don't work, must be a bug, maybe with one of the mods that voyager install earlier.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Voyager

It's an issue that I'm trying to fix that is related to a block of code somewhere in the forum that is missing. There are about 20 files I have to go through every line of, please have some patience.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

mightyace

QuoteIt's an issue that I'm trying to fix that is related to a block of code somewhere in the forum that is missing. There are about 20 files I have to go through every line of, please have some patience.

I write code for a living.  I don't envy you.  :banghead:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Revive 755

I'm having a different sort of site problem:  I can't get more than the header (or whatever the part with "Hello guest please login or register" is called) to show up in both Firefox and IE 6.  I am currently typing this on a different computer.

FLRoads

Which version of Firefox are you using?

Revive 755

I'm using 3.0.10, but I'm finally able to access the site using the Noscript addon and disabling burstnet.com.

Chris

I see myself in the chat, while I closed it down over an hour ago... I also notice I sometimes get into the chat, and the other person I saw there left at the exact same time. Some sort of bug?

deathtopumpkins

To prevent that click the logout button in chat before closing the window. If you do not you still show up as being in chat until the next person comes along.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

getemngo

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but now the "quote" function isn't working for me.  The "Loading..." bar appears at the top of the window and stays there forever.  This is happening to me in both Chrome 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.  Anyone else getting this?
~ Sam from Michigan

deathtopumpkins

It's a bug that's been reported before... I haven't been able to quote in months.

Though you can manually type [quote]***[/quote] around the text you wish to quote still.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

rickmastfan67

Quote from: getemngo on August 22, 2009, 12:00:44 AM
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but now the "quote" function isn't working for me.  The "Loading..." bar appears at the top of the window and stays there forever.  This is happening to me in both Chrome 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.  Anyone else getting this?

This is the easy way to fix it if you don't want to manually type the "Quote" tags on each side.  This fix is what I use and I'm able to quote people with no problems.

Follow these instructions:

QuoteProfile > "Look and Layout Preferences" > Change the "Use quick reply on topic display:" option to "show, off by default"

And that's it.  You will now be able to quote other people's posts with no problems now. ;)

Alps

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 22, 2009, 12:29:27 AM

This is the easy way to fix it if you don't want to manually type the "Quote" tags on each side.  This fix is what I use and I'm able to quote people with no problems.

QuoteProfile > "Look and Layout Preferences" > Change the "Use quick reply on topic display:" option to "show, off by default"

And that's it.  You will now be able to quote other people's posts with no problems now. ;)

Awesome.  Thanks!

vdeane

I think the quote problem is related to the themes.  It worked fine until Button Copy was created, and was previously fixed by the removal of at least one of V'Ger's themes during the offline period.  Since preview only works on quick reply, there is presently no way to have both working (or quote with the convenience of quick reply).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

QuoteI think the quote problem is related to the themes.  It worked fine until Button Copy was created, and was previously fixed by the removal of at least one of V'Ger's themes during the offline period.  Since preview only works on quick reply, there is presently no way to have both working (or quote with the convenience of quick reply).

But Button Copy is just a copy of the default theme with different graphics. And since it affects the default theme itself, I can't see any reason why Button Copy would have anything to do with it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: AlpsROADS on August 22, 2009, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 22, 2009, 12:29:27 AM

Awesome.  Thanks!

No problem. ;)  I know my way around with fixes in SMF because of being an Admin over @ the Carl Long Racing Forums. ;)

vdeane

QuoteBut Button Copy is just a copy of the default theme with different graphics. And since it affects the default theme itself, I can't see any reason why Button Copy would have anything to do with it.
It just seems to get broken again around the time Button Copy was added.  I don't see why it would cause it either, though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SSOWorld

RickMast - does the same thing happen at that forum too?
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Master son on August 23, 2009, 12:53:38 AM
RickMast - does the same thing happen at that forum too?

No, it doesn't.  But we don't use the "TinyPortal v.1.0.6 beta" on the site, which I think might be the problem here (just taking a stab in the dark here since I don't know all the addon's you guys are using).

Scott5114

I don't even know what "TinyPortal v.1.0.6 beta" is :-/ Alex, what is it?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 23, 2009, 06:16:21 AM
I don't even know what "TinyPortal v.1.0.6 beta" is :-/ Alex, what is it?

Well, if you guys want to PM me a list of all the addons you have install, I "might" be able to point out possible problems, but I wouldn't go hastily trying to uninstall the addons right away because that could cause more problems then fixes.  Would recommend to somehow test the fixes in a "test forum" before doing anything here.  Because I would love to see the "Quick Edit" function working here.

SSOWorld

I've been wanting to do that for quite a while and between work, trips and laziness I haven't gotten to it yet  - I do intend to make a copy on a detached web server in my house and troubleshoot it.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.