News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: vdeane on November 20, 2019, 01:48:06 PM

(And why are there so many memes with that all of a sudden?  The events it references were a while ago.)

All of a sudden? The Epstein memes have been non-stop since he didn't kill himself.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

LM117

Quote from: jakeroot on November 20, 2019, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: vdeane on November 20, 2019, 01:48:06 PM
How does that last item relate to the previous two?

(And why are there so many memes with that all of a sudden?  The events it references were a while ago.)

The meme is designed so that the phrase is mentioned in a sort of "in passing" way, unrelated to anything mentioned before or after it.

It's back in the news because of new information related to his death. Don't want to talk about it too much here because of the politics rule.

Yes, but what about the fact that in 1998 the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hеll in a Cell and plummeted 16 feet through an announcer's table?
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

cl94

Quote from: hbelkins on November 20, 2019, 04:29:01 PM
All of a sudden? The Epstein memes have been non-stop since he didn't kill himself.  :-D

Yeah, I've been seeing the Epstein memes since his death. They've gotten pretty inventive, too, reusing long-dead formats. I think it's hilarious, as long as liking them doesn't mean I'll be the next to "kill myself"  :spin:.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

ozarkman417

Quote from: cl94 on November 20, 2019, 05:47:13 PM

Yeah, I've been seeing the Epstein memes since his death. They've gotten pretty inventive, too, reusing long-dead formats. I think it's hilarious, as long as liking them doesn't mean I'll be the next to "kill myself"  :spin:.
I think the Clintons would rather go after the people who make the memes.
The best Epstein meme I've seen involves replacing "We never deny a guest, even with the most ridiculous guest" (the Krusty Towers motto) with "Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself" with a surprisingly accurate Mr. Krabs voice over.

vdeane

I definitely feel like there's been a massive uptick in recent days, though.  And 99% of the ones I've seen as of late have been variants of the woman yelling at a cat meme.  Granted, I only have a couple Facebook friends who would be the type to share Epstein memes, and I'm not active on any other form of social media.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

ozarkman417

Quote from: vdeane on November 20, 2019, 08:23:44 PM

I definitely feel like there's been a massive uptick in recent days, though.  And 99% of the ones I've seen as of late have been variants of the woman yelling at a cat meme.  Granted, I only have a couple Facebook friends who would be the type to share Epstein memes, and I'm not active on any other form of social media.

It may have to do with the newer investigations in to Epstein and his death, them being the investigation in the two prison guards that have sense been arrested and Prince Andrew's possible ties to Epstein (who has since "stepped down from royal duties"), as well as the accusations against ABC for supposedly covering the whole thing up. When I see an Epstein meme it is almost always at the end of an otherwise interesting fact.

cl94

Quote from: ozarkman417 on November 20, 2019, 08:49:17 PM
It may have to do with the newer investigations in to Epstein and his death, them being the investigation in the two prison guards that have sense been arrested and Prince Andrew's possible ties to Epstein (who has since "stepped down from royal duties"), as well as the accusations against ABC for supposedly covering the whole thing up. When I see an Epstein meme it is almost always at the end of an otherwise interesting fact.

Speaking of that, I heard the Pizza Express in Woking gives "royal" service...
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

jakeroot

Quote from: LM117 on November 20, 2019, 05:45:15 PM
Yes, but what about the fact that in 1998 the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hеll in a Cell and plummeted 16 feet through an announcer's table?

ozarkman417

I was thinking about placing the Craig County sign over Patrick instead, but I've seen a few signs from them that are almost as eye-torturing.

cl94

Some of the people on here...

cl94

Another one, this time for the Northeast folks.

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

cl94

Here's one for the New Englanders

Brandon

Quote from: Roadsguy on January 24, 2020, 07:36:34 AM

I-355 says differently (tolled and signed as an interstate from the start).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Michael

I saw this picture on Reddit a couple days ago, and this is the best thread I could think of to post it in:

ozarkman417

Some fresh memes to revive this dead thread:

ozarkman417

Roadgeekteen

Caltrans be like:

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2020, 01:23:04 PM
Caltrans be like:

More like the California Legislature and it's opinion that; state, US Route, and Interstate Highways are the same thing.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Michael on March 08, 2020, 02:07:43 PM
I saw this picture on Reddit a couple days ago, and this is the best thread I could think of to post it in:

Funny, that resembles the temporary direct lane on CA 99 northbound through Bakersfield.  There really isn't much more room than depicted in that image either. 

Verlanka

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Verlanka on May 12, 2020, 05:52:59 AM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on May 11, 2020, 12:56:33 PM

Shouldn't the images on the right be flipped?
No, because google does not bring up the first when you do the search.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JoePCool14

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 12, 2020, 09:24:16 AM

Probably a better caption would be "My preferred AR-15:"  :-P

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 12, 2020, 09:24:16 AM

It took me a minute to figure out that was correct, too.

If you have to explain a meme, then it's a failed attempt.  That's why it's easy to come up with 100 mediocre memes but difficult to come up with a great one.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

plain

Another two-fer

moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL)

Newark born, Richmond bred

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.