News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What is the best time of year to visit your town/city?

Started by webny99, October 07, 2020, 02:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketchup99

State College, there are six weekends a year where it's a good idea to come visit, home football weekends. Aside from that, it's not really worth your while :)

allniter89

Either spring or autumn. The heat/humidity are low. Minimal extra traffic, only the snowbirds are here & their in bed by 830 :nod:. The beach is wide open & you can still play in the water Oct, early Nov.-paradise :clap:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

kernals12

My town, Wellesley, MA, has 2 colleges, so it really empties out in the Summer, and the weather is really nice.

Flint1979

You know I answered this question already but I want to change my answer. Never would be a good time to visit my hometown I can't figure out why anyone would want to vacation in Saginaw, Michigan. As far as the county goes we have Frankenmuth and when you get bored of that there really isn't much left to do. Saginaw is a flat area with no natural lakes (uncommon for Michigan) and doesn't offer much scenery really. So when would be a good time to visit an area like that? I say never.

formulanone

The Tennessee Valley is beautiful in October and early November. Nice weather, rarely gets too hot, cool mornings, low humidity, not much rainfall, and the leaves are changing color.

Spring can be nice, if it decides to actually stay around for a few weeks; some years it feels like winter interspersed with summer days and a lot of rain, with no moderate temps in between (except for the rainy days). There's a higher chance of tornadoes, though...come to think of it, this reminds me that winter isn't too bad here, just bleak-ish and visually dull, and that summer's worst heat/humidity only lasts three* months.

* compared to living in southern Florida, where it lasted for 7-8 months.

JayhawkCO

Honestly, about any time works for Denver, but my favorite is probably around Memorial Day when everything is super green.

Chris

AlexandriaVA

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 07, 2020, 03:12:25 PM
The snarky answer is, "whenever Congress is not in session because there's usually somewhat less traffic."

Otherwise, I would say late April to early May is usually very nice, as is the period around Columbus Day. As someone who suffers from pollen allergies, I'd say the fall period is somewhat better because the pollen in springtime can be severe.

Any time after Labor Day, but before Easter, to avoid the crowds* and the sweltering heat. I'll take the cold and potential snow of this area over the guaranteed heat and humidity of mid-summer. Plus, if it gets too bad, you hang out in a free museum all day.

*With the quadrennial exception of Inauguration Day.

US 89

Quote from: jayhawkco on January 01, 2021, 02:25:46 PM
Honestly, about any time works for Denver, but my favorite is probably around Memorial Day when everything is super green.

I would say the same for Salt Lake. Late spring is that perfect time when the valleys are green and warm (usually) and there's still snow in the mountains for scenery, but enough has melted to open up the high passes and seasonal roads.

GaryV

Quote from: Flint1979 on January 01, 2021, 11:56:35 AM
why anyone would want to vacation in Saginaw, Michigan.

The Michigan Championship event of the FIRST Robotics Competition is held at SVSU (Covid excepting). 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.