News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I'm Aaron Camp

Started by Aaron Camp, November 25, 2017, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Camp

I'm Aaron Camp. I'm a 27-year-old male from the village of Westville, Illinois, which is located along U.S. Route 50/Illinois Route 1 in Vermilion County, Illinois.

I'm a huge fan of roadgeek videos on YouTube, although, because I have Asperger's syndrome, I don't drive. I'm not going to be on this forum too often, but, when I am on here, I'm going to talk mostly, but not exclusively, about roads in Illinois and neighboring states.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts! I have high functioning autism, but not quite Asperger's.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Huntsville, AL! I'm another Aspie as well.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CNGL-Leudimin

Welcome from Spain! I have Asperger's as well, but that doesn't keep me from driving (Maybe due to different laws). Your name reminds me of a child I once met who had some rare disease and went by the same name (although with different pronounciation: a-a-RON instead of a-A-ron, and in Spanish this is reflected by an accent over the o: Aarón).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Aaron Camp

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 25, 2017, 05:16:47 PM
Welcome from Spain! I have Asperger's as well, but that doesn't keep me from driving (Maybe due to different laws). Your name reminds me of a child I once met who had some rare disease and went by the same name (although with different pronounciation: a-a-RON instead of a-A-ron, and in Spanish this is reflected by an accent over the o: Aarón).

My first name is pronounced with two syllables in English. The first syllable is pronounced identically to the English word "air" and is the stressed syllable. The second syllable is unstressed and pronounced identically to the English un- prefix that occurs in English verbs like "undo" and "untangle". In English, there isn't a strong co-relation between spelling of words and pronunciation of words as there is in other languages, particularly in regards to vowel sounds/letters, and there isn't any usage of diacritics to indicate syllable stress like there is in Spanish.

pianocello

Welcome from one of Illinois' neighboring states! I know the northern half of your state pretty well after traversing it many times between my hometown and my college.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

index

Welcome to the forum, Aaron. I, too, am also a fan of road-related videos, Freewayjim being my favorite.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

noelbotevera

I come from the foreign lands of Pennsylvania. I don't actually have any type of mental disability (to my knowledge), but I am considered socially awkward.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Welcome to the forum from the Natural State! :wave:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

index

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 27, 2017, 11:33:53 AM
I come from the foreign lands of Pennsylvania. I don't actually have any type of mental disability (to my knowledge), but I am considered socially awkward.

I can say the same for my mental state and social status... I am a complete and utter klutz when it comes to interacting with people, or just being in public at all.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

US71

Welcome, Master Camp.

Being a transplant from Illinois, I look forward to your insights.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Interstate 69 Fan

Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

doglover44

Welcome im Jake from Ohio I have autism

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Aaron Camp on November 25, 2017, 03:54:30 AM
I'm Aaron Camp. I'm a 27-year-old male from the village of Westville, Illinois, which is located along U.S. Route 50/Illinois Route 1 in Vermilion County, Illinois.

I'm a huge fan of roadgeek videos on YouTube, although, because I have Asperger's syndrome, I don't drive. I'm not going to be on this forum too often, but, when I am on here, I'm going to talk mostly, but not exclusively, about roads in Illinois and neighboring states.

Welcome from northwest Georgia, from right off of Interstate 75!  :wave:

I have been to Illinois once, when I went to Chicago back in July of 2012. It was a great trip, and I loved the place!  :nod:

I have Asperger's syndrome as well, and I don't drive - though, the reason I don't drive is actually more related to other psychological disorders and the sedating medications I am on to treat it, and physical health issues which would make it rather complicated for me to drive.

I absolutely love road videos on YouTube as well!! I actually have my own YouTube Channel with that kind of material, but unfortunately, I currently have a huge backlog of unedited and unuploaded videos, so the temporary quality of the channel is not as high as it should be. I highly apologize for that - it is a work in progress, and I am trying to have it completely fixed very soon and very quickly - just disregard the terrible and incoherent quality of the titles and descriptions of my most recent videos - if you go back far enough, you will see the videos that showcase what my typical quality of titles and descriptions is supposed to be like. The visual footage in my most recent videos is fine, it's just the titles and descriptions on all of them have yet to be edited and crafted with care - very sorry for the rant, I just didn't want you to think that the current situation is the inherent quality of my channel, but I wanted to share it with you since you love road videos so much. This is the link to my road video YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Well, I'll see ya around on the forum.  :wave:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

kphoger

Quote from: Aaron Camp on November 25, 2017, 03:54:30 AM

Welcome.  I'm Kyle from Wichita, Kansas.

Am I the only one who noticed that Westville is about 90 miles from U.S. Route 50?  It caught my attention, because I've been to Lawrenceville a couple of times–which is actually along U.S. Route 50/Illinois Route 1.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.